Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Info own worksheets removed    

Info own worksheets removed

demeuter
Belgium

Info own worksheets removed

It just wanted to help people that�s why I mentioned my worksheets. It�s not for the points because I have enough points.

Karina

21 Feb 2009      

freddie
Canada

Dear Demeuter

Pinky`s post may have confused you. It was discussed that in order to recognize old worksheets as stolen more often we need to recycle them and look back through old worksheets, for example on this date last year. It was also mentioned that people could identify interesting or useful worksheets and post them in the forum. Not links to one`s OWN worksheets!

Forgive me but this is not appropriate, to advertise one`s own contributions, that was not the idea!

What do others think?

21 Feb 2009     

eng789
Israel

I agree although I don �t think we will ever be able to really enforce the rule.

21 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I think that Pinky Makus has given us stimulation for another (not so new) discussion here.
In my opinion, if anyone needs a particular worksheet, he/she will take some time to search for it ... I don �t know. I know that P.Makus wants to be of help to the others who do not have much free time to go searching, so she does it for them. It �s just that I don �t like not having anything interesting to read about on the message board. Just the links, help-outs, points, shrinking, sizes, etc ...

21 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Let �s all take a deep breath here!

I think it depends on the situation.
If someone asks for help finding worksheets on past tense verbs,
then I don �t think it �s a problem if someone answers with a link to some
of their own ws on past tense verbs.  I mean, what do we remember best? -
our own WSs or WSs by others? A lot of people here are really, really busy
and I don �t see a problem by helping out.
L

21 Feb 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Hi, as it is such a problem for some people to see informations about worksheet links, why don �t you send the link to the private messenger. The person who needs help gets the link and it �s not advertising for everybody.
a big hug,
Silvia

21 Feb 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Good idea, Silvia!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Libertybelle, are you into yoga or sth? You keep asking us to take deep breaths! Wink

It does save others time when someone does the search and finds interesting stuff and draws our attention to it. It IS helpful. BUT, as frenchfrog said, it �s subjective (as to the relevance) AND the message board can be comprised of posts suggesting links, etc.

The idea has both pros and cons.

Do as you like people. I �m off to look for Zora who owes me sth that belongs to ME. Cool

21 Feb 2009