Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just something on my mind about teaching ESL    

Just something on my mind about teaching ESL

life_line
Ukraine

Hey, Sara) You don’t know me for sure and it’s the first time I write to you but I couldn’t resist. As I was looking at carinita’s post about leaving school and her dilemmas I LOVED your comment. I was sure you’re a native speaker with a degree (or whatever makes a great teacher, in your opinion:)). And I thought to myself “I wish I could be as professional, sound as wise and write as correctly as this person does”. And a minute later I stumbled across THIS post about you being ‘not perfect’. I gaped and double-checked if it were the same person. Wow! If you think you’re not that good, what should I say then? So please, throw all these gnawing thoughts away, you’re fantastic. I know many English teachers with lots of experience and their level is.. well… you get it. And they just don’t care. It’s great that you do care. And one more thing. Learning should be fun. And I’m sure your students love you not only for that. None of us is perfect. I almost wrote ‘none of us are perfect’. The sentence would be a priceless proof of itself, ha. Or wait, am I wrong?.. Yeah, these things happen all the time. We make mistakes, we learn, we grow. Please, continue on sharing.

Best regards,

Olia :)

21 Jul 2015     

SaraMariam
United States

Olia, I don �t know what to say. Your message really moved me, you have no idea - and gave me some self-confidence back. Thank you so much <3. You don�t know me, as you said, but it is an honor for me to get to know you :) 
I guess my confidence went below zero, because we moved to the USA for a while and I have seen some teachers there and was just in awe. They are doing such great things! I was amazed about their knowledge and creativity to the degree that I was wondering what I �m actually doing here and don �t deserve to be called a teacher. But you know what, you are all right. A master degree and such things don �t count at all in my eyes, because I have seen the worst teachers having even 2 master degrees and the best teachers having no degree at all, but they have the love for teaching and it shows. And now having seen such teachers, I know what can be done better. It �s just sad that schools and some people that might hire you, don �t see it this way. I �m happy, I got hired by a private school to work as a teacher trainer now and I hope that they can learn from my experience and that I can learn new things from them as well :)

21 Jul 2015     

< Previous   1    2