Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > David Crystal – Standard and Non-Standard English    

David Crystal – Standard and Non-Standard English

Peter Hardy
Australia

Thank you guys for giving me a good start of my day. I loved listening to that prof.  I �m sure I would have loved attending his lectures.

The picture below is how I see English nowadays, especially as my abilities to speak in general are deteriorating at a rapid rate. (My medication affects the brain and the saliva supply, which are both needed to speak any language.)

Thanks again for making me laugh. But remember, when the gloves come off, to be nice at all times.

Cheers, Peter

22 Jul 2015     

yanogator
United States

Peter, be sure to hold on to your ability to laugh. I �m glad to see that you �re still with us.

Bruce

22 Jul 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well said, Peter. I �m very pleased to see you. I �m going onto the teachers � cafe now to see if you �ve posted there. All the best.

Edit: Alex - yes, I did remove my post, but you certainly hadn�t replied to it by then - I wouldn�t have done that. I�ve also edited this one slightly as I realise that mentioning wss is advertising and not allowed.

Lynne 

23 Jul 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

Great to see you �re still hanging in there, Peter!

EDIT  Lynne, I had started my response, was called out of the room for a short while, returned, completed the post and hit �send�. Didn�t notice you had deleted your post until today. Apols.

23 Jul 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

http://microsyntax.sites.yale.edu/phenomena

27 Jul 2015     

< Previous   1    2