Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > power points or printables?    

power points or printables?

joycemon
Spain

power points or printables?

HI EVERYBODY! I�ve got a doubt, I always prepare my worksheets in power point, and I send them as power points. I have noticed that most of the power points are presentations, but my worksheets are meant to be printables, am I doing things right? thanks

24 Feb 2009      

miss noor
Palestine

I think it is not a problem
Your technique is up to you

Use what do you see right with your students

24 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

The big advantage of using PowerPoint is that you can arrange illustrations, boxes and format text far easier than Word, you also have the advantage of a maximum limit of 500k.

But I would strongly encourage you to transfer worksheets as worksheets.  They go into a different section and there are still many contributors who are not so familiar with powerpoint and so don �t even bother looking to see if there is any useful material amongst them.  Worksheets are downloaded in far greater quantity that powerpoints.

If it is a worksheet, then make it a worksheet.  Design it in PowerPoint by all means, but then transfer it to Word.

24 Feb 2009