Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Can we all get along?    

Can we all get along?

chobby
Mexico

Can we all get along?

Hi there teachers!

I �ve been a member for just 2 months and I don �t participate in the forum actively although I read them when I have time!
It seems lately the forum has become in like those T.V. shows that are very popular in my country:" the soup-operas"; everyday I get amuse by the gossip that takes place here, the endless discussions for just simple misinterpretations or misunderstandings among members.
Today they want to crucify nazli or the american girls, yesterday was mismelissa with frenchfrog and so on and on, tomorrow who knows?
I think in my humble opinion we should all calm down and learn to live in peace!!!
This is an international forum where many people with different ideologies, religions, cultures, etc
 we need to share the site for obvious purposes exchange resources and could also be opinions, suggestions,etc
The most important is that we all are English teachers and have a common goal which is to teach our students ESL, I have improve my classes a lot with this site and I �m grateful for that.
but what I �m saying is if in the future somebody doesn �t have anything positive to say to somebody else, is better to think twice before posting it, to avoid misunderstandings, because i would be healthier for the site and his/her members.
I know this is a free world and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions but be reasonables, it would save a lot problems.
Can we all get along? 

24 Feb 2009      

Nucha75
Portugal

I couldn �t agree more.

I make an effort not to get involved in these sort of ths. Our job is to share and leran with each other and not to make this as a soap opera. Concentrate your efforts and creativity in smth useful.
 Take care.

24 Feb 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

I usually don �t participate in that kind of "soap operas" but today I was tempted to do it because it doesn �t seem fair to crucify all this comunity because one of the members isn �t feelling very well and so she decided to create misunderstandings here in the forum. I think we should avoid this kind of conflicts. We suppose to be a  healthy community so let �s work to create a good environment

24 Feb 2009     

cgato
Portugal

Hi!

I stopped participating in this forum because I got tired of all arguments and discussions!!So much time has been lost in judging, accusing..I just want to exchange materials, learn how to improve my english skills and ws..
A great hug to all teachers that keep on their fantastic workClap

24 Feb 2009     

Cassy
Brazil

I couldn�t agree more either....
Wonderful words...
PEACE

24 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

Well... now that my name ws mentioned Embarrassed... I hardly ever participate in those popularity contests, and fights, I am kinda new here too. I never meant to fight. But someone said sth I did not like and I tried to defend myself for the same fact you mention, Chobby. UnhappySometimes I also get sick of so much popularism and teachers feeling better than others too, so I reacted -which I shouldnt have- bc as someone told me: In a public forum we dont know the other person and- I will surelly never meet them so why to even worry about it?.

What �s more, I tried to keep it privately but the other person did no want Ermm. I never accussed anybody and to be honest, I laugh at the fights I see here. They sound childish.
 I do, however, try to be an active member and always contribute with help as much as I can, and I love this site for the same sharing purpose it has.

Im not in those sop operas. I am sure most of you did not realize what happened the other day,  and I stopped it there, I got mad but then just took it sportly. It was a couple of days ago and I rather ignore some things . Im only 22 but I consider myself mature enough for just forgetting about it which is  fine, because it is not worthy for me either.

I really dont want you guys to see me as a troublesome...because Im not. I had never been in things like that before. And I apologyze deeply I was in one.

I am happy that many of us stay away and keep sharing though...

Miss Melissa. Hug

25 Feb 2009     

chobby
Mexico

I �m sorry I had to use your name on my post but I was just trying to examplified my point, anyway I also find some of the fights here in the forum funny and childish that �s why I called them soup-operas!!

Fernando

25 Feb 2009     

MissMelissa12
Peru

I understand all you said Chobby . VIVA MEXICO!!
Miss Melissa. Hug

25 Feb 2009