Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How can I stop mistakes on sheets after uploading them?     

How can I stop mistakes on sheets after uploading them?

tareq
Egypt

How can I stop mistakes on sheets after uploading them?

Dear friends ,

After uploading sheets ,I always have problems with the pictures or the text boxes, that is why I update my sheet many times to make them correct but leave lots of mistakes as long as the sheet is readable. How can I stop these mistakes that come as a result of uploading the sheets?

10 Nov 2015      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

You need to group all textboxes and pictures so that they stay together as one image. I also found it helpful to use common fonts otherwise you �d have to embed the fancy fonts in your doc which, in turn, would make it bulky.

10 Nov 2015     

tareq
Egypt

Thank you very much but sometimes the pictures are big,I downsize them of course but after grouping them the files become more than 1 mega and that is my problem,so all the pictures already downsized and the file is big after grouping the pictures

10 Nov 2015     

Tony C
United Kingdom

I find that after finishing a worksheet that is too large in size to upload, is to take a screenshot of the whole page, then crop the screenshot, and post it as just one image on a sheet. Then you don �t have to worry about files moving around, and the file size should be much smaller.
The one downside that I found is that there will be a slight image quality loss on the screenshot, so make sure that you have the page as big as it will show on your PC when taking the screenshot.
 Good luck. 

11 Nov 2015     

Minka
Slovenia

Screenshots make worksheets absolutely uneditable. It �s better to edit the images so that you reduce the size of the files before you insert them in the worksheet.

I personally don�t like frames so much. I use tables. I find them much more stable, easier to use and not messy at all. You can change the sizes of different boxes by joining cells or dividing them, adding more, changing the edges etc. And they stay where they are.

11 Nov 2015     

tareq
Egypt

Thank you very much ,I didn �t think about screeshots before ,it is a great idea ,but our friends on  ESL will suffer if they want to change something. I appreciate so much and thanks to all of you

11 Nov 2015