Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > We love English people!    

We love English people!

Mariethe House
France

We love English people!

Or: How humour can alleviate sorrow after tragedy!

This video was sent to me by a friend of mine and i would like to share it with you.

18 Nov 2015      

almaz
United Kingdom

Wonderful! Love it!

Warning: it�s a bit NSFW 

18 Nov 2015     

David Lisgo
Japan

Good to see that black humour is alive and well. Makes me want to swear. FMall.

18 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It makes a good point, but I can go no further, else I would be agreeing with almaz and we don �t really want that on here. 

18 Nov 2015     

Tapioca
United Kingdom

I don�t know. I guess it helps people to express their anger and maybe I�m not in the mood, but I just didn�t find it funny or helpful. In saying that, I don�t intend to imply any criticism at all of Mariethe for posting it. She has every right to do so.

I did see another video last night, which is not funny, but I think is much more informative and heartfelt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUZjyZVj6s

The presenter, Waleed Aly is a Sunni Muslim, born to Egyptian parents and is a "writer, academic, lawyer and media presenter" in Australia (source: Wikipedia).

There is a place for everything but I did feel that if more people listened to Waleed Aly�s message, we�d avoid a lot of problems caused by knee-jerk reactions.

I�m not sure that this forum is the right place to air these things to be honest. Everyone is free to do that of course (and yes, I am doing it right now), but there are more appropriate venues.

I noticed some disagreement in another thread about the perception that opinions towards victims of terrorism seemed unbalanced (it�s also been noticed on Google and Facebook). There are reasons (not justifications) for this and I don�t know if that�s true here, but if it is, then perhaps it�s something we should strive to avoid? I don�t mean avoid expressing our sympathy or support or indignation, which everyone has a right to do, but to consider whether those are applied to all victims of terror.

Tap

19 Nov 2015