Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sorry friends I can ´t help it!    

Sorry friends I can ´t help it!

Mariethe House
France

Actually Val, I don �t care your voting it as spam. I knew it would probably be so when i posted it this morning.

TEACHING!! What is teaching about? You don �t teach in a void. Maybe this is not politically correct! However  This is a good example of what teaching can be ! A careful and respectful debate, discussion, exchanging opinions , giviing different points of view,  about an attempt to a more human world.

I don �t know you either Val . I Have been a member here for a long time and have always fought for more justice and comprehension on this forum and in real life too.
This is what other older members could tell you about me!

Have a nice week end too.

20 Nov 2015     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Actually tbh I found that gesture a bit mawkish, but all sorts of people have got emotional wounds as well as physical, so they can be excused .... Anyway, I can see that clip being quite useful as a teaching resource in current events, PHSE and citizenship classes, so I couldn �t possibly consider it spam. 

Mariethe, you are fantastic and you don �t need any references from anybody! Your other recent posts have been spot-on, too.
Have a great weekend,
Lynne 
PS. That really is me with my black cat. 

20 Nov 2015     

valodra
France

...When people / countries are NOT at war, dear colleague. But today, some are, sadly....As Giorgi wrote : a coin has two sides. Many people have been hurt - from everywhere & whatever their culture/religion.

I do think this is not the place, nor the time to post our views .. I �m sure you are a kind person...I feel some might get tired ;

I hope I �m clear enough ( sorry ; it �s been a hard day �s work..) : I think I �d be fed up if people kept posting about Roman Catholics. ...  

This is what I wouldn �t like here : people talking about religion - as what has happened has NOTHING to do with religion.
I seem not to know the site as well as you do, but I read there is the teachers � cafe, maybe ..?
Again, nice weekend,
Val 

20 Nov 2015     

Mariethe House
France

The whole world is at war all the time! This is a harmless video.

Let �s drop the subject. Smile

20 Nov 2015     

valodra
France

Harmless video� ( for you... )- taken in Paris ,�in front of journalists from all over the world - ...& posted on the net. Hum.

How to be famous dot com. ( We are teachers, we all know that, don �t we ? Aren �t we supposed to "decode" the media ?)

OK. You want to drop the subject, but you started it. ;-))�
PS : you said it"s nice to discuss things , & exchange. I agree with you - except for this one ...- Isn�t it what we are doing ???

20 Nov 2015     

sarguero
Spain

A better world with a hug from time to time     

20 Nov 2015     

almaz
United Kingdom

Agree, Jos� � and I �m sure that�s all that Mariethe intended.

As of writing, eight people for some reason have hit the�This is spam� link. People may disagree with the post, but spam? �\__/�  I despair, I really do...

It�s possibly time to get rid of this much-abused option, but for those who are unclear on what spam actually is, this is as good a description as you�ll get of that particular beast known as forum spam :

20 Nov 2015     

valodra
France

I thought ( I was wrong ...obviously...) discussions were possible here . Mariethe House has said so, &I believe her. I �m sad to see it is not...

If you speak of � abused options � when people say what they think � ...Well, I �m off.

Mariethe & I have NEVER been rude, we have JUST exchanged�different ideas. Well,�to my point of view. I respect her. ( no need to say ! )
�
This is not the idea of democracy I have in mind.
But ... it doesn�t seem to be yours, & I �m telling you you are being rude.
Are people who do not agree with you�going to be�told off & get� what I �d NEVER �say to my students ??? If you find there is a � much- abused option �...I feel sorry for you.
Val�
�
�

20 Nov 2015     

Mariethe House
France

Good night ValSmile Take care Hug

Mariethe

20 Nov 2015     

Gi2gi
Georgia

There have been some desperate comments, I guess, since yesterday,
�
This explains why the majority of the users voted this thread as appropriate or "not spam",
�
It also �gives more explanation why the world is in despair :)
�
Personally, I would rather see a a spam selling bags and watches than this politically loaded video of a man posing in front of cameras.
�
But it �s just me and 8 other users and we are the minority, which is a shame, indeed.
�
That �s all from me.�

21 Nov 2015     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >