Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Don ´t you love freebies? I do!!    

Don ´t you love freebies? I do!!

frenchfrog
France

Don ´t you love freebies? I do!!

http://www.coloring.com/pages/easter

Please, show some respect to this wonderful community of hardworking teachers!

How can you call �copy and paste � �work �???? This is extremely vexing, shocking, frustrating, unfair, dishonest, ... (I �ll let those who share this view complete the list of adjectives!)

Please, do not upload a material you found elsewhere on the net when you could just give the link in the forum!!!

27 Feb 2009      

gerardop
Japan

Merci !!! thanks a lot for the link.

27 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I agree entirely with Ms Frog.  It has been pointed out in the past that just simply uploading a scanned picture and submitting it as a worksheet isn �t really in the spirit of contributing original work.  I am surprised at the number of people that just upload a picture for colouring without any instructions or challenge as to what colours should be used.  In my opinion a teacher who just gives a picture for children to colour, without any purpose other than to make it colourful is a lazy teacher who lacks imagination.  But I do suppose it is an easy way to keep a class quiet for a while!!!

Copying pictures and ideas is perfectly okay, only rearrange and make a new creation from it and present it in an original way

27 Feb 2009     

Naranjas
Russian Federation

Oh, does anybody really act the way Logos has described? But what �s the point? I �ve given those to my children to colour at home as a reward in contests and they were ever so happy with it! Why colour them during the lesson? It takes too  much time...

27 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Well, Naranjas - it all depends on what you use them for.
I find coloring pictures very educational for teaching vocabulary and reading comprehension.
Hands on learning is very effective with the younger learners.
I start their vocabulary with colors and build upon that with new words.
A coloring page about Fall (for example) is a fine way to introduce new Fall words such as leaves, trees, season, wind, rain, clothes and Fall activities.

I made 4 pagesof activities based on just one coloring sheet.
Coloring also re-enforces learning and is a good way to check to see if the younger students understand what they have read.

See here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=179812#thetop

So I don �t think it �s a waste of time - as long as it is used as guided learning.

27 Feb 2009     

frenchfrog
France

You did a terrific job with this worksheet! It is obvious that there IS an objective and even several objectives (vocabulary, reading comprehension...)

My post was only about colouring sheets with NO activities at all! I �ll send you the link of one just to give you an example... You can find lots of them FOR FREE on the net when you type "Colouring rabbit / witch / Santa / leprechaun ... whatever � in the Google Image search bar.

27 Feb 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I quite agree with frechfrog because copying a pasting these pictures without activities added is not in the spirit or the rules of the site. In any case, if any teachers wants to use them, they can get some from the Internet if the links are provided.  

27 Feb 2009