Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Uploading Limit    

Uploading Limit

BRAHIM S
France

I have the impression that sometimes we just   don �t really know what we want ...

Most of us are complaining because there is too much stuff uploaded everyday? Said otherwise We are not happy because we have a very large choice of printables
Why not  see this as a rather  positive issue?
What if there were only  few printables   uploaded everyday... Would �nt we complain again and post messages thanking and praising those who can upload as more materials as possible

28 Feb 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Victor! Most seem to agree that 2 worksheets and a Powerpoint for all users is a good option. It �s perfect for me. Thanks for all that you do for the site. Smile

28 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I think that 2 worksheets (JUST IN CASE it is over 300kb and  NEEDS to be split up) is ok and 1 powerpoint a day is more than enough.

When you think of it over a week it means that someone can still contribute 14 worksheets a week and 7 powerpoints a week, and that is still a massive amount of work that you can chose to contribute if you wish!Tongue

28 Feb 2009     

SusanBrown
Netherlands

yes Brahim, lately people are complaining too much about all...here you know... In my side ...I have not any complaining about the quantity of uploads..for me the site is perfect in this point...we are free to post all we want.. and this freedom is very good....I like the way it is.....I love to go in the main page and look all the WS...that are being posted...each day. and i see lots and can choose the best ones that will help me...in some classes.....what happen if in one day we are going there and we find (NOTHING)?????? it could be frustrating...I guess for all of us...

However, the principal complaining is about the ws with just an image, and those ones that are being uploaded in several parts...this is not fair...or those who divide the file in 3 parts and the size is not the problem... just to gain more points.. and put the answer keys in a separated page....or so on.......I agree with you...looking at this point we are eternal complainers...nothing is satisfactory...you will see if the site change. and the new rules are improved....new complainings will appear...in that time people will let to contribute..the WS will be more rare here and some members will disappear..perhaps??? maybe just some complementations in the system how I told about block uploaded divided pages (all with same name and informing part 1, part 2, part 3 etc...) or just the system could block WS with less than 300 KB (if the limit is this maybe the members should write and create a complete activity with answer keys, links etc...with some images on it to complement this SIZE and this is so easy to do in this limit of 300KB..and in the last maybe could be a good idea block and remove ws with just an Image on it....could be enough for now...and not all the changes...well who knows?? we are always just human beings and every time we will find problems and solutions for something....Hugs all.. Wink

28 Feb 2009     

freddie
Canada

I think that if our goal is to limit the number of multiple worksheets and coloring pages and `flashcards` and if we want all our energies to be put in one contribution, one worksheet a day makes sense to me.

I`m afraid I cant see how limiting worksheets will have any impact on people who steal other`s work. That will always continue as there will always be folks who don`t know better or are simply immoral. The only thing that can impact that is reporting and deleting stolen work.

4 Mar 2009     

Marcia Silva
Brazil

Wow, it�s nice to hear about it, I didn�t know this rule!!!!

15 Jul 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Hi,

I also think the limit 2 - 3 wss a day is fair enough for everybody - no matter ho many points the user has. I can �t imagine someone producing 10 valuable wss a day.

Michaela

1 Oct 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

2 ws per day, fair enough.
There are so many every day that it �s impossible to look through them all.
So much repetetive stuff, so much poor quality, so much stolen stuff, so much stuff split unnecessarily into many different worksheets
Let �s have the courage to point this out in our comments on the ws. I remember a series about the history of the British language which came in multiple worksheets of 1-2 pages each. I wanted to write a critical comment but didn �t dare. Next time I will.
(I DID make a point of NOT downloading these ws though...)
Dorothea

1 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8