Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > LOOKING FOR BUSINESS PRESENTATION TOPICS    

LOOKING FOR BUSINESS PRESENTATION TOPICS

ldeloresmoore
China

LOOKING FOR BUSINESS PRESENTATION TOPICS

Hi, everybody -- 

I �m working on my Business English course again.  I �m on class #27 of 110 (Yeah, I know. It �s slow going).
The lesson I �m working on now is about making formal presentations. I �m setting it up so that the homework assignment is to prepare a 5 minute presentation (necessary due to anticipated class size).  I �ve been searching online for lists of topic ideas, but not finding any.

Do any of you have any ideas of where I might find a list? **OR** Can you brain-storm some topics? Either will be welcomed with gratitude.  Have a peachy day......

Dee 

13 Feb 2016      

Manuhk
Hong Kong

Things I �ve done successfully with my Business English students are: 

- present a product - that can be a financial product their company offers (a loan, an insurance product, etc.), something they just bought (like a new iPhone, laptop, etc.)  

- present your company, your department (if they work in the same company)

I can highly recomment Pearson�s Market Leader, been working with it for 18 months now and my students are happy.

13 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

Hi Folks!
I have a some of this kind of thing on the hard disk at home which I have used from time to time as we give business seminars once in a while, one of them being on presentations. The only thing I �ve posted here is this.
However, that �s only really for small groups and can be used as pair work but it is a basic look at "lead-in questions" and establishing "rapport" with the audience. I don �t know if that �s the kind of thing you �re looking for but it �s always worked with me. I tend to work a bit on questions tags before doing the exercise.
I have a game that I �ve used for doing the "introduction" and "outline" of a presentation which uses handy fixed expressions. I �ll pop that on here now (should be ready tomorrow) as I �m so altruistic and wouldn �t dream of trying to get more points by exploiting your request for help.  

P. S. I don �t have all that much but if you PM me and send me an email address I could send some stuff to you that may be of use. 

P. P. S. If any of you have stuff for this kind of work, business presentations, please post here. Some of us would really appreciate it.

14 Feb 2016     

ldeloresmoore
China

Hahahahaha!! Exploit away, luv. Glad to spend the points.   -- I �m designing an entire course that will be about 2 semesters long, if implemented properly. I have the direction *I THINK* I want to take this particular class in, but just need some topic ideas for the students � presentations (rather than have them come up with their own).   

Still plugging away at google to see what I can find, but if anybody knows any sources, I �ll gladly spend points to get them, as I plan to share all this biz course as I develop it.

And, yes, I have already posted the portions that have been completed of my biz work. Take a look when you have time. Some are better than others, I admit. But I�m designing to assigned parameters. 

14 Feb 2016     

spinney
United Kingdom

Presentation dice game posted for tomorrow. Been pinching some of your stuff too. Very useful and imaginative. I �m going to have to keep my eye out for future uploads.

14 Feb 2016