Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > POINTS, POINTS, POINTS......    

POINTS, POINTS, POINTS......

ldeloresmoore
China

POINTS, POINTS, POINTS......

First, this disclaimer: I am not -- I repeat, NOT -- complaining.  There has been no wrong, no error, no "uh, wait.." moment. Nothing like that....

I �m just, quite simply, curious.

Does anybody know how the points thing works?  I mean, do all "purchases" cost the same number of points? And how do we know the cost of the "purchase"? 

And how about contributions?  Does each kind of contribution earn the same number of points per download?  

The only reason I �m curious is that I �m showing that I �ve spent 600 points on downloads, and I �d have to download for days to spend that much, at 1 point per.  So, obviously, it �s more than 1 point per. I just don �t know how much more than 1 point per.

I �m not in any danger of running out of points or anything like that. It just seems like I �m getting good response on my contributions (thank you, to all those who think my stuff is worth downloading!), but I �m spending points in greater increments per download.

Like I said, I �m not complaining. I �m not in any danger of running out of points or anything. Just curious as to the mechanics and mathematics of it all.

Many thanks to anybody who can enlighten me.

Cheers,

Dee 

22 Feb 2016      

alien boy
Japan

Hi Dee,

all the official points rules are here: http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm
Essentially, worksheets & powerpoints are 1 point to download & you receive one point for every download.
Online�exercises use a different points system, outlined in the link above.
Cheers,
AB�
PS Your work is very good & I�m looking forward to seeing, investigating, & using your materials! Thank you.

23 Feb 2016