Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teacher burnout    

Teacher burnout

Jayho
Australia

I think many of us have gone through what you describe and there are lots of great suggestions here.

When I got burnt out I changed to purely short-term physical jobs (with no brain power or skill involved) for six months. It was great rejuvenation and I became physically trim as well. But I got bored, and the money wasn �t as good, so back to teaching I went and it is much better now. Having a break was the best medicine as it got me out of my rut and allowed me to weigh everything up.

Totally relate to your views on yoga and walking while listening to audio books - the latter is often what saves me after a taxing day in the adult esl classroom.

Cheers

Jayho

12 Apr 2016     

sarguero
Spain

I began to play the guitar two years ago when I was really tired of teaching .

I �m fighting with "Wish you where here" and "Set fire to the rain", can �t sing and play at the same time but it �s like a therapy session for me. 

12 Apr 2016     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Hope you find some time in your overcharged schedule to start crafting, it really helps me, either knitting or sewing a bit, or reading a couple of  pages from an interesting  book... I feel the same about results but mp matter how  we try to motivate them, it �s them who have to want to progress. Without their effort from them, your work is (almost) useless. Don �t be to hard on yourself. ..

12 Apr 2016     

karagozian
France

I am fighting like Sarguero and it really works. I started 4 years ago CAN do both at the same time. It takes time and energy but it works. When I come home exhausted (every day) I start playing and singing, it empties my head. Then I have this site and making printables started being another major head emptying occupation. Then comes sport and some gardening. These are my therapies. I never watch TV. No time ! We all get through this I think. You really need to find compensatory activities that provide you with positive feedback. HUGS Nina

12 Apr 2016     

< Previous   1    2