Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Could you help find the opposite of "doubt" in the text?    

Could you help find the opposite of "doubt" in the text?

Holzauge
Germany

Could you help find the opposite of "doubt" in the text?

Hi colleague, I went through the text and couldn �t find the oppsite of doubt, Will you help please?
By the way , I downloaded this text from this site a few months ago.

More and more people all over the world realize that global warming is a real and a serious problem. Almost everyone agrees that the Earth �s climate has begun to change, as reported by scientists and experts in newspapers, TV programs, and magazines. The summers are hotter. The winters are warmer. As a result, glaciers have become smaller. If this continues, there could be water shortages in the future in Europe and the Americas. In addition, scientists believe deserts will grow much larger in some parts of the world, which means areas of Africa, China, and the Middle East will have little or no water to grow food. Storms will become worse, too. Although we have not seen many big changes yet, our children and our children �s children could live in a very different world. They could face many problems in the future. Governments around the world have taken action to fight pollution and global warming. Unfortunately, they need to do more. In addition, big countries like the US, China, and Russia continue to pollute heavily. All governments must take action with new laws to protect the environment. They must research and develop new technologies, such as wind and solar power. They must pollute less and reuse resources. Individuals have to take action now, as well.

A.     Find in the text words or phrases that are opposite in meaning to: 

ended ≠  begun                                  doubt ≠…………………       

12 May 2016      

niksailor
Russian Federation

Good day!
I �d personally choose the verb "believe" from the line "In addition, scientists believe deserts will grow..." No other words from the paragraph seem to be antonyms for "doubt".

Nik 

12 May 2016     

maryse pey�
France

I completely agree with Nik : BELIEVE sounds to be the good choice.

12 May 2016     

yanogator
United States

Yes, it �s "believe".

Bruce 

12 May 2016     

Holzauge
Germany

Thanks a lot for all of you for your assistance.

12 May 2016     

Khemriakawthar
Algeria

believe

14 May 2016