Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > blank    

blank

Caroline565
Australia

blank

2 Mar 2009      

kimber.tan
United States

Ditto ditto ditto. Couldn �t have said it better myself. Let �s keep this site doing what it does best- providing quality materials for teachers!

2 Mar 2009     

victor
Spain

Well, in fact I was thinking on developing a chat room, although it would be something between forum and chat.
It would be like a permanent forum thread that only shows the last 20 messages, and the older ones would be removed.
It wouldn �t be a problem if it was used for non-educational topics. In fact, it would be designed for that purpose. We are teachers, but we are also friends, and we like sharing photos, greetings,  etc.
We could do it without worrying for the web server capacity, and we would keep the forum for teaching-related subjects.
In the schools we have a teachers � lounge where we can chat with our colleagues. In this website we could enjoy something like that, I think.

2 Mar 2009     

Zora
Canada

I love Victor �s idea Smile ... It would allow us to chat and have fun without cluttering up the board, allowing for others to join in and not feel excluded. Heaven knows, some of us like Ivona, liberty, freddie and I are always "chatting" in threads because normally a "conversation" is started up that includes others and a chat room, c-box thing would be so great so we could carry on there and talk about our day and stuff... leaving the "grammar and things" intact!

Wonderful idea Victor...

2 Mar 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Caroline, the idea of a chatroom would be that anyone can share opinions or add something to what you are saying, at the same time. Private messages are different in that sense, and I guess they take up space in the server.  :)

I second Zora!

2 Mar 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I �m in two minds whether it would be a good idea or not. Like anything else, it has its pros and cons. What dear Caroline said stands to reason, and as much as i would like to have a chat room where we would let our hair down and just chit-chat, i fear that we would leave the forum for good and not discuss the more serious issues.
My other fear (a much greater one!) would be becoming even more addicted to the site! (if it can be greater than this) I mean, I �m already having trouble enough as it is! Neglecting people and places ... tut tut.
But seriously, the site would lose in its ingenuity.

May i suggest that when starting a topic, that there´s a choice to label it as ´chat´ and that it be automatically deleted after some time so it doesn´t take up space. This way both sides would be satisfied. For those who would like instant messaging, they could go to other forums, just like Caroline said ...

2 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

I like the idea of a chat room.  It would open up the forum for people with real esl questions/suggestions etc. 

We could use the chatroom for announcements,  well wishes and just chit chat.

Ivona,  I �m not sure if you are for or against.

I �m with Zora  and of course  VICTOR as usual a great idea.

Barbara 

2 Mar 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

Aaaaa!!!
 I second Ivonas message...
[Computer Mozilla]womanusingacomputer

2 Mar 2009