Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A Reference For A Student !    

A Reference For A Student !

medderraz
Morocco

A Reference For A Student !

Dear Eslprintables members, 
      I �d like to share with you a "Reference" that I wrote for one of the Moroccan students participating in an International Competition; namely "race2space2016.com" ; both first to ask you to vote for her & second to provide me with your feedback concerning this reference !..
"A Reference for Mariam Ouarti.
I knew the student Mariam Ouarti during the activities that we were doing in the Moroccan Association of Teachers of English (MATE) / Tangier_Tetouan_ElHousima Branch.. & Also in the Local Competition of Public Speaking in Tangier; where She was our brilliant presenter & outstanding "animater" !..
From the start, I found her very passionate about Cultural activities; a girl with a high amount of perseverance & self-denial; as well as good manners & descipline..
I also discovered in her a unique model of a hard-working, highly devoted & very ambitious student; without forgetting her excellent level at English; whether in reading, writing or speaking; as well as in All subjects, Specially the Scientific ones ..
For All these reasons; I vote for Mariam in race2space2016.com & I strongly invite you All to do the same ! "
THANK YOU !

10 Jun 2016      

oxXSABXxo
Germany

I voted for her.. but no because you asked me to do it.. no.. but because she truly amazed me!
Her vid was interesting and funny. I mean I �ve never heard such a thing as "the solar particles high-five them" haha.
Also her way of explaining the thing was just perfect! Her way of speaking as well!
But what I most enjoyed was to see that she was talking about something in which she was truly interested in.. I could see her passion and her love for those beautiful sceneries created by the northern lights and that is.. I think.. what �s the most important!
Congratulations to your student for her devotion for science! I hope that she will be a member of this project!
Good luck for all!
Abigail Kohnlein.

Ps: Your reference is perfect, there �s no need to change anything in it! 

11 Jun 2016     

joannajs
Poland

Sorry, but the reference is not PERFECT, as there are some obvious mistakes in it. I �d correct it first: instead of "knew" in the first line I �d use "met", instead of foreign language "animater"  perhaps organizer of cultural events or animator of cultural events. I totally don �t understand what you mean by "self-denial" anyway it does not add to the picture (it looks as if the girl was somewhat disturbed?) so I would delete it if I were you. Discipline has a misprint in it (dIscipline). Instead of specially - especially. 

Frankness helps I hope. 

11 Jun 2016     

medderraz
Morocco

Dear  oxXSABXxo, dear redcamarocruiser, dear joannajs ,
  You can �t imagine how grateful I am to your feedback & suggestions! I really feel that I �m blessed to be a member in this just GREAT website! And I also feel so indebted to you & maybe a little (or much !!) ashamed  ! for not sharing & giving as much as I everyday take & learn from our wonderful virtual Library : ESL Printables !!
    I also admit that I made some mistakes in my above Reference, due to the short & quick time during which I wrote it, the pressure under which I wrote it (given the nature of the Contest & Competition in which my student is participating  ! ) & above all, it was meant to be more personal & quite informal than "official" or "academic" !
     However, I agree that this shouldn �t be at the stake of the "form" & "language" of a Reference or a Recommendation Letter!.. I will consequently & immediately adopt & take into consideration your invaluable, golden comments & "resend" or "repost" my reference to whom it may concern!..
     Once more, I �m really grateful to you  ! God Bless you all  ! & Keep up your Great Work  !
      Yours medderraz. 

11 Jun 2016     

Mabdel
Morocco

Done! Wish her all the best

12 Jun 2016     

medderraz
Morocco

Thank you  so much !   I really appreciate it  !  

12 Jun 2016     

minimal70
Morocco

I knew the student Mariam Ouarti during the activities that we were doing in the Moroccan Association of Teachers of English (MATE) / Tangier_Tetouan_ElHousima Branch.. She was also  our brilliant and outstanding animator in the Local Competition of Public Speaking in Tangier.
From the start, I found her very passionate about Cultural activities; a girl with a high amount of perseverance & self-denial; she had good manners & descipline as well.
I also discovered she was a unique model of a hard-working, highly devoted & very ambitious student; Her excellent level of English in reading, writing, and speaking was remarkable; She also exceled in all subjects, especially the Scientific ones ..
For All these reasons; I vote for Mariam in race2space2016.com & I strongly invite you All to do the same ! "
THANK YOU !

12 Jun 2016     

medderraz
Morocco

Thank you dear for Sharing & for your Support :) I �m really grateful to you :)

13 Jun 2016