Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day Contest 15 July    

Word of the Day Contest 15 July

maryse pey�
France

Word of the Day Contest 15 July

Thanks Georgina for your choosing me but we are in holidays period and I think that people are less present than usual.

Afficher l ´image d ´origine
1st of all I would like to say that I am devastated by what happened in Nice, in the South of France where I lived years ago...

Is Peace a nonsensical word ??? How can people be crazy enough to kill like that ???

Well, here is the new word for our game : WAZZOCK.

Please give me daffynitions just to make me sure that friendship is not just an illusion.

Hugs to all.

Maryse.

15 Jul 2016      

georginasantanna
Portugal

Dear Maryse,

I woke up this morning with the news and I just can �t tell you how devastated I feel as well.
It seems that we are living in a totally crazy world where killing people in the name of religion has become a normal thing to do.
I offer my sincere condolences to the people of France and I must say that Liberté, Egalité et Fraternité still make sense in the world today. 

Georgina 

15 Jul 2016     

Mariya-ye
Russian Federation

It is a tradgedy! R.I.P.

15 Jul 2016     

morganalin
Portugal

Hi dear friend,

Friendship should not be considered as just an illusion - never.

My sincere condolences not only to French people but also for those who lost relatives/acquaintances there, we still not know if there are Portuguese victims.

I know Nice, I have been already there a few years ago, I have relatives who live near.

Hugs to all who suffer with this situation. 

15 Jul 2016     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

I am so sorry! Do not know what to say....

15 Jul 2016     

erika210
Chile

Sorry for all francés people. We �re shocked. The world is crazy. All my condolence. A big hug from Chile.

15 Jul 2016     

Jayho
Australia

It�s a terrible thing, yet again, not to mention the latest news that I awoke to. We must stay strong and continue on. We have a great community here and let�s keep it that way. It�s so comforting to know that you can come here for solace when the word around you is in turmoil.

Now, my daffynition for word of the day ...

I just learned the British slang meaning of wazz and also what a zock  is so, it�s a zock having a wazz.

Cheers

Jayho 

15 Jul 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s a newly created position in the UK government. The Chief Wazzock �s job is to make sure that gemtlemen in the working environment always own up and apologise profusely after breaking wind or burping. Ladies can just pretend it wasn �t them. 

16 Jul 2016     

georginasantanna
Portugal

It � short for "What �s up Doc", a sentence that Bugs Bunny uses quite often.

16 Jul 2016