Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New member - reported worksheet    

New member - reported worksheet

jfaraujo
Portugal

New member - reported worksheet

Hello everyone,

I am a new member here and when I signed in to have an account I read all the rules.
I uploaded a worksheet early this morning only to have it reported.
I don �t want to start on a wrong foot, so if someone could please tell me what is the problem with it, I will try to solve it ASAP.
Thank you. 

17 Jul 2016      

jfaraujo
Portugal

Looks like the problem was watermarked clipart. I hadn �t noticed it was watermarked but I have changed the picture and will upload the worksheet tomorrow.

17 Jul 2016     

Gi2gi
Georgia

�Hi,�jfaraujo
Welcome to the community!�

This is a nice place to be, soon you will be feeling snug as a bug in a rug :)
I �m sure if you replace the watermarked pics, your work will be appreciated!
Giorgi�

17 Jul 2016     

virginia miranda
Chile

I am a new member too. Most of the pictures on the internet are watermarked, either that or you have to pay to download them. I sent a�PP presentation, but it was deleted and reported, even when�they pics did not have any watermark on them. I don �t understand.�Where and how do you get pics to add to your worksheets? Can anybody tell me?� I don �t want to feel like�I did something awfully wrong. That word REPORTED sounds terrible :-(

18 Jul 2016     

kohai
Latvia

@ virginia miranda

I haven�t ever had problems with, and, as far as I understand, anybody can use those pics that go under the Creative  Commons licences. However, if the pic is watermarked or has any other mark as a sign of its owner, you can�t use it for the work you are going to share on the Net.

Many members here prefer to use free clipart. Many have asked where to get it on the Forum. Here you can try to find some useful info: Free Clipart

Welcome to the site!
kohai

18 Jul 2016     

alespagna
Italy

Hello... My worksheets have been reported too... as being ONLY CLIPART. I think some people should be more careful when they report worksheets and take more into consideration the work that we as teachers do and share for free. It really took me 5 hours to make my calendars pretty, neat and useful. I purchased the commercial use for the images ( spent 15 dollars) which I am here sharing for free. I have the powerpoint with all the calendar and the planner to prove that it was done by ME! These same resources have been posted on other sites for free... and I have not had any problems.. only here. So.. please.. we are all teachers here trying to do our best.... please be more careful when you report worksheets. Thank you. 

20 Jul 2016     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Hi,
Thanks for your amazing work. I guess the worksheets are back, aren �t they? It sometimes happens that people report the WS because they think it is inappropriate but it is the majority of the moderators who decide whether the ws should stay, and, i guess in most cases the moderators make a fair decision. I absolutely agree with you that it is a nasty feeling to have a wss reported, but, honestly, if not this system of reporting/reviewing contributions, the site will suffer in quality and might even encounter legal problems, which, I �m sure, is not the thing that all of us want. Keep up the goid job. Giorgi

20 Jul 2016