Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A technical question    

A technical question

jfaraujo
Portugal

A technical question

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if someone could help me with a query.
I found an amazing powerpoint game template called Soaring Skyward on a site where you can download powerpoint templates for free.
What I want to know is if it is allowed to make a game with that template and put here at eslprintables or whether it infringes copyrights.
The site (can �t recall its name now) has plenty of powerpoint templates for games and they are totally free of charge and you can download as many as you want to.
I just don �t know whether it is right to put it here.
Please help! 

22 Jul 2016      

karagozian
France

Experts will answer you. It �s very gratifying to make one �s own templates though. It takes time in the begining but it �s worth trying.

22 Jul 2016     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Thank you for your answer, karagozian.
I am going to try to make my own template and if I think that it is not good I can always use one from the templates section, where I have seen really amazing templates. 

22 Jul 2016     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi jfaraujo - which site is that? Share, please! 

22 Jul 2016     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Hi cunliffe!

I had it in my favourites so here it is.

Anyway, I followed karagozian �s advice and did a feeble attempt at creating a not too bad powerpoint. It will be available for download tomorrow. 

22 Jul 2016     

karagozian
France

How efficient you are ! It takes me ages to make this ! Thanks for sharing.

22 Jul 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

NIce site! I read the user terms and it looks to me like they were meant to be shared, but I could have missed something.

The operative words from the terms of use are no copying without without TES Global �s prior written consent, but posted on the site in question is the written authorization:

"Use Your Own Content

These templates allow you to type in your own questions with the games which are already created."

22 Jul 2016     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

TES are very strict in their terms of use, from their terms and conditions:

Use of TES Global Material 

This clause sets out our rights in the website and services and the licence that we give you to use our websites and services. 

You are prohibited from reproducing, copying, modifying, renting, leasing, loaning, selling, distributing, exploiting, extracting, creating derivative works of or otherwise communicating or making available to third parties any part of the content of this Website or the Services without TES Global �s prior written consent. 
You acknowledge that, by making use of this Website, you are agreeing to comply with this prohibition and that any breach thereof is likely to result in legal proceedings being issued against you. None of the above alters any rights granted directly to you under the terms of a Creative Commons licence in respect of any particular User-Uploaded Content, or alters any other rights you may have where other licence terms are explicitly expressed to apply to content or User-Uploaded Content.

22 Jul 2016     

Jayho
Australia

jfaraujo

I have good news for you.

You can use that template but from this site. https://www.template.net/business/powerpoint/powerpoint-game-template/. They say Free powerpoint game templates for teachers are available for download online, and aid teachers to design their own games, which eventually form simple, but fun learning tools for class. They have 17 free ppt templates.

It�s a good idea to note the source of your template on the last page of your PPT so that if anyone reports it, you are providing the link to a �reputable� site that gives you permission to use it.

If you download it from another source, especially if it has been made into a game or the like, then you might be breaching copyright.

Cheers

Jayho

22 Jul 2016     

jfaraujo
Portugal

Thanks a lot Jayho for the link.
It is a great site and I will surely give it a try! 

23 Jul 2016     

DeanNguyen
United States

You should read rules careful so that you won �t make mistakes when using information unless your account will be cancelled. 

25 Jul 2016