Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Teaching unusual lessons    

Teaching unusual lessons

ivush
Czech Republic

Teaching unusual lessons

Dear friends, I am asking for advice. I am about to teach a group of students, lessons called "English breakfast", and the main idea is learning and having breakfast at the same time. What I am supposed to do is to let them eat their breakfast for 30 min, teach them something during that time and then they will cooperate for the next 60 min. However I dont know what to do with them during the "eating time". Making and presenting ppt is not my style of teaching. Any experience with this kind of teaching?

2 Oct 2016      

hook
Spain

Hi 
Whenever I do a lesson like this I just keep the conversation going, developing the topic. So, make sure they know the vocabulary and talk about their breakfast routine, special breakfasts, brunches, favourite food, likes and dislikes...
It works best if there is some cooking or preparation involved, they could also bring recipes to share with other students 
Hope this helps 
Anabel 

3 Oct 2016     

ninon100
Russian Federation

If I were you I �d read the book "Teaching Unplugged" to get some ideas. It focuses on teaching with a minimum of facilities. The group itself and its life experience is the most valuable resource. Provides loads of wondrful things you can do with people involving no technology. And yet it facilitates communication and activates a lot of grammar ans vocabulary - just the right thing at a table. Enjoy your meals :) 
You can download the book @ englishtips.org

3 Oct 2016     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

How about making a video in pairs or small groups with their cell phones and commenting what the other (others) are doing. 

3 Oct 2016     

medderraz
Morocco

How great & wonderful is sharing ideas, insights, & experiences in this wonderful site !!
  I �ve gone through this experience just recently; I mean teaching someone (but not a group) while eating our breakfast & talking at leisure !! I mean I �d had a plan beforehand, but I just tried to make it rather more informal & friendlier ! I used a video in my laptop, but due to the largeness & noise of the café, it didn �t work perfectly ! Yet the lesson on the whole was a success !

3 Oct 2016