Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > School happiness    

School happiness

vars
Russian Federation

School happiness

Dear teachers,

I am a pupil from Russia, from Moscow. My name is Varvara. I need your help, please! I am making a research about a happy school life. Please, answer my questions. They will help me very much.

• Were you happy at school when you were a schoolchild?
  • What made you happy at school when you were a schoolchild?
  • What does the word Happiness mean for you?
I am looking forward to your answers.

Varia 

3 Oct 2016      

kohai
Latvia

Hi Varvara!
Sorry for saying that, but this is a teachers� site and  it is not meant for researches like you want to do here. 

Why don�t you ask people around you - your teachers and older students, your relatives and neighbours? Your English looks good and you can easily translate their answers to English in case there is such a necessity.

BTW, it�s not polite at all to post the same request twice. It looks like spam.

3 Oct 2016     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Privet, Varia,�
Kohai is right! Your teacher assigned you with a specific task, and you should have the guts to accomplish the task without seeking the easy way out.
I will mark your post as spam.
Cheers ,
Giorgi �

3 Oct 2016     

MargaritaRa
Russian Federation

I �m a little bit suprised, but I haven �t found in the rules that it is forbidden for students to ask a question or ask for help. Can you show me where it is written that it is meant only for teachers? The girl asks about your experience. She doesn �t ask us to do her assignment. She just asks to answer the questions.

3 Oct 2016     

Gi2gi
Georgia

Margareta... �There are written rules and there are rules that anyone who claims to be a teacher (or an ex-teacher, like myself) should take for granted. Does it take your compatriot more time to honestly do his/her assignment more time than to open two similar topics? What you are doing is encouraging someone to evade his/her responsibilities.. �That �s my humble opinion, anyway...
Giorgi�

3 Oct 2016     

NastNas
Russian Federation

NastNas
Russian Federation

Dear Varvara,
When I was a school girl, I liked school a lot. I liked our school meetings, performances and school trips. I was happy to visit some intersting places together with our classroom teacher and classmates.It was just great! Well, my school years were really the best years in my life! That is why I am going to be a teacher and make happy children around me. What is happiness? Happiness is my family, school, friends, peace, health.I am happy to wake up in a peaceful place. Well, it is within us and near us. Look around! Be happy!
Ana

3 Oct 2016     

kohai
Latvia

@ MargaritaRa:  The site is for teachers. It is said in the welcome message:

�Welcome to ESL Printablesthe website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans, activities, etc.�

3 Oct 2016     

MaryNteacher
Russian Federation

Dear Varvara,

Actually I was happy at school. I was good at Maths and many other subjects,  but I liked Literature very much. I liked the teacher and her way of teaching. Besides, my favourite sudject was Biology. We had a lot of extra activity after classes and I liked it very much. I was really happy at school because I had a lot of friends and had no problems, It was my happy chIldhood!
 What is happiness? I don �t really know but it seems to me,  that a lot of happy moments of your life make you happy. Happiness is your happy dearest and nearest.  To have a good job is happiness. Do everyting with love and care and you will be happy! Good luck!

MaryN

3 Oct 2016     

MargaritaRa
Russian Federation

@kohai, we are talking about different things. Where is it written that it is forbidden for students to ask questions? @Gi2gi can�t she just ask a question? I�m a teacher and for me it isn�t difficult to answer 3 simple questions. If I had asked these 3 questions would you answer? Several years ago I asked for help here, my students were having a project and we also needed information from other countries. I asked those questions and received a lot of answers and nobody told me that I wanted to find an easy way out. Thanks for respond

3 Oct 2016