Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > theories     

theories

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

theories

Hi everybody,
 can you help me to  complete the following?  I need to  compare between

Piaget,  Sternberg,  and Gardner

how each one of them saw learner and learning  in one sentence ? 

for example , Skinner saw the learner as a sort of �black box�, whose inner workings were not vital.
he also saw  learning as a type of conditioned reflex by giving the proper stimulus, and eliciting the response.

As for Piaget saw learner as .................... .

He also saw learning as..............................................

as for Sternberg saw  learner as ............................ .

He also saw learning as.............................................

as for Gardner  saw learner as ..........................................
He also saw learning as  ..................................................... 

8 Nov 2016      

joannajs
Poland

Can help you out a bit with Gardner (guess you �ve made a misprint in the name and we �re talking about Howard Gardner ;-)

as for Gardner saw learner as having "multiple intelligences" i.e. different ways of processing information, independent of each other ( linguistic, mathematical, spatial, musical, kineastethic, naturalistic, interpersonal, intrapersonal)

He also saw learning as a process where we differ in strengths of these intelligences thus new input should be presented in a variety of ways to reach diverse audiences.

and perhaps with Piaget:

As for Piager saw learner as moving from few basic reflexes to highly complex mental activities through a series of 4 stages.

He also saw learning as a process of building cognitive structures. If an experience is a repeated one or fits easily, it �s built into a child �s cognitive structure contributing to his/her "mental equilibrium". If the experience is different, the child loses quilibrium and has to modify his/her cognitive structures. 

Sorry, I �m not familiar with the third person.

best of luck,

joanna  

8 Nov 2016     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

Thank  you, Joanna for your help, and I �m sorry for this mistake  I  corrected it .

the third person is   Sternberg who called for  Triarchic theory of Intelligence

8 Nov 2016     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

Thank  you, Joanna for your help, and I �m sorry for this mistake  I  corrected it .

the third person is   Sternberg who called for  Triarchic theory of Intelligence

8 Nov 2016     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Could this help?

8 Nov 2016     

wizardsoulmile
Egypt

Thank you ,Mari
I will read it  

10 Nov 2016