Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > expression    

expression

Pedro14
Spain

expression

Is there an expression to describe somebody who is so good looking that every clothing looks good on them? I have found �have a nice rack � but it says it is used for women only. I told my student to write that everything looks good on him/ her. Thanks in advance.

5 Feb 2017      

yanogator
United States

I don �t think we have such an expression, Pedro. To have a nice rack means to have large breasts, so it isn �t even related to what you are looking for.

Bruce 

5 Feb 2017     

rainuree
United States

Have a nice rack means big breasts, used by men that is not real school appropriate!:)

5 Feb 2017     

Pedro14
Spain

Thanks both of you. Looked it up on an online dictionary. Thank godness I didn �t tell my student to use it. Then my suggestion : everything looks good on you would be how an english speaker would convey that idea?

5 Feb 2017     

junekennedy
United States

You could possibly use the term dapper. An American phrase may be "he is always dressed to the T".

5 Feb 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

He looks good in anything he wears. 

5 Feb 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Also, �everything looks good on him.her � is fine. 

6 Feb 2017     

spinney
United Kingdom

That took me right back to the 70s (politically incorrect) British sitcom, Mind Your Language. I very nearly choked to death on my tea there. You were definitely right to hold back on an answer to that one. I can �t even begin to imagine the consequences. Too late to save my sides, though. I �m afraid they have split all the way down from laughing. 

6 Feb 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Never heard that expression, Bruce. Is it AE?

Where I �m from:

Everything looks good on you/him/her

You/he/she look/s good in anything

6 Feb 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

To have a nice rack! Never heard it before! But I love the French expression: il y a beaucoup de monde au balcon ;-)))) It �s probably old-fashioned? 

6 Feb 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

@ Jayho, one can hear "nice rack" in American television shows such as Bones.

6 Feb 2017     

1    2    Next >