Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > years    

years

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Mary,

It may be that IS the Reason.

Les Douglas 

29 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

Douglas, I am a mathematician, after all, so I notice these number things.  

Bruce 

29 Mar 2017     

boro272727
China

there is not a debate, its nineteen sixty-six

29 Mar 2017     

douglas
United States

Clarification of my comic:

I assumed most everybody noticed the 1066, but said nothing because it wasn �t really important to the conversation, but Bruce addressed the "elephant in the room".  I know it doesn �t fit exactly, but it came to mind.

30 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

But, Douglas, it was very important to the conversation, because "one thousand sixty-six" was not the year being discussed, so I thought your cartoon was right on point.

Bruce 

30 Mar 2017     

Jayho
Australia

I �ve never heard of that expression

30 Mar 2017     

douglas
United States

>>Jayho I �m really surprised, it �s quite common the USA and I figured it was more global (Elephants make me think of India, so maybe somewhere in my head I tied it to BE).

The link I gave mentions addressing the elephant in the living room", I don �t think I �d heard that version before.

30 Mar 2017     

Jayho
Australia

I �m intrigued - I �m going to ask around to see if it �s just me or in general.

30 Mar 2017     

customer
Italy

I �ve read just now all the debate about my typo (yes, it was just a typo). I �m really busy and I don �t visit the site so often.

Anyway, thanks for your attention, your help and your time.

30 Mar 2017     

yanogator
United States

So, if the year was supposed to be 1066, then either ten sixty-six or one thousand sixty-six is correct.

Bruce 

30 Mar 2017     

< Previous   1    2