Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Ties for Dad    

Ties for Dad

cbenglish
United States

Ties for Dad

Hey Everyone! 

Summer is well underway and the next holiday on my radar is Father īs Day, which is coming up next week. I was working on a craft for my kids to do and decided I would make something with ties.  I thought I would share this "Tie Card" idea here with everyone. It involves a little writing, coloring, cutting, and gluing but easy enough to do in class or at home. I also made several different ties with various patterns so kids can choose which one they want to use. Check these out and let me know what you think. Enjoy!

8 Jun 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

What a great idea! And the activity looks great. 

8 Jun 2017     

analozada84
Colombia

That looks good! Thanks

8 Jun 2017     

valodra
France

Thx ! Your activities are always ...so great ! ;-)  I used your postcards from the world with my first years : a big success !!
Thank you - & keep posting ;-)))
Val 

10 Jun 2017     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear cbenglish,

I think that your activity looks great, but I KNOW that the ties will be useful for other men, not just Dads.

Why do I say this?

On dating sites, where men and women become partners, lonely men write in, frequently describing their possessions. I do not know why, but these unfortunate men ALWAYS wear open-neck shirts. They write: "I have a steady job, savings, house, car" ...  and then they end with the sad words: "NO TIES!"  

Les

13 Jun 2017