Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > 1 to 1 for an 8 year old.    

1 to 1 for an 8 year old.

[email protected]
United Kingdom

1 to 1 for an 8 year old.

Hello,

For various reasons I �m teaching an 8-year old one-to-one English. I would prefer not to teach this age individually, but I am returning a favour.  I have taught this age before in classes, so I have some of my own material prepared, and it �s OK for now. The problem is that the conventional textbooks have quite a lot of group and listening activities, which I can adapt them if I have to, but I wondered if there was such a book that would be appropriate for 1to1 teaching with a child. Her basic vocabulary is quite good and she is a quick learner. Thanks 

29 Sep 2017      

FrauSue
France

I really like "The English Ladder" for 1-1 tuition. I ended up supplementing it with extension materials but it moves through topics and grammar concepts in a sensible order and it has a good activity workbook to accompany the book. It �s very engaging for that agegroup.

29 Sep 2017     

joannajs
Poland

You may consider incorporating elements of Cambridge Young Learner �s English exams - I guess Starters will be right for her. Apart from the test themselves, there is a book called Fun for Starters (with activities pertaining to all skills in a relatively entertaining way) and Storyfun for Starters. In the end of the day there could be some external purpose for her learning, too - a Cambridge certificate.  

29 Sep 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

I would opt for Oxford �Project � series,or �Let �s go � 

29 Sep 2017     

[email protected]
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your advice - I will check out all these books.

29 Sep 2017     

ommoha
Tunisia

hello 
i am really interested in these books but i cant find them PDF could you please send me a link .
Thank you very much for your help :) 

15 Nov 2017