Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > help    

help

toutazou
Tunisia

help

please any ideas about teaching writing (process vs product) how to presesent it in a training session devided into theory  and practice

23 Oct 2017      

wan2
United Kingdom

I always give out key words or connectors, and use writing frames.

A good way of teaching writing is to give students examples of weak, average and good pieces of writing, you could also give them marking criteria and get them to grade them in groups.

you can find examples of writing on the cambridge website for example or in teacher �s books for exams.

then i write a piece with the students in class, with the writing frame, sitting in front of them mirrorring how they should be completing the task.

after this they should be able to write the first draft of their own piece.

1. show them examples of writing, pointing out language features good and bad.
2. Provide key vocabulary you have produced together or what you want them to use.
3. Provide a writing frame - this can be as simple as a page divided into the sections you wish them to write.
4. Model an answer together with them (write it and explain what you are doing also use their contributions)
5. They are now ready to produce teir own.

23 Oct 2017     

abotius
Albania

And did you follow the advice and contacted the group on the specified channels? I wonder how the whole story ended. I do not think you will get any help on Instagram https://fontsprokeyboard.com/which-fonts-for-facebook-to-use. Once I had my account broken, and I was contacting the customer support service, and they failed to help me. So, in any case, no chance.

14 Nov 2020