Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Excel Spreadsheets    

Excel Spreadsheets

[email protected]
Australia

Excel Spreadsheets

Hi everyone,

I have developed a number of worksheets using Excel, which randomise words and phrases.  Essentially, you can printout multiple different sheets using the one spreadsheet.  In other words, instead of writing 10 different word documents (so students can practise the target language), I have made one spreadsheet that will change, so I can printout 10 sheets without going to the effort of writing 10 individual sheets.

Does anyone know if I can upload these to ESLprintables?  I �ve had a look for the past 10 minutes, but can �t find any way to upload them.  Does anyone know if I can send this message to the managers of the site?

Thanks for your help!

Andrew 

27 Oct 2017      

Antonio Oliver
Spain

Hi,

As far as I know know Excel is not accepted, which is a pity as I have a number of docs in that format too. I don �t quite understand how your spreadsheet changes, or how words are randomised but it sounds interesting.

Supposing you wanted to convert those to Word, you could try this..

> open the Excel doc at the page you want to convert to a Word page
> select all cells
> paste onto a blank page of a new Word doc (it should paste as a table)
> Select the whole table (you can simply click on the little white square at the top left corner of the table itself)
> Click on "Table Tools" and then "Layout"
> Find and click on the "Convert Text" button
> Accept on the nex window that pops up (something about paragraph marks) 

You will lose all lines, that is, only the text will appear. Perhaps not what you need, but it �s a possibility I thought might be interesting

Cheers 

28 Oct 2017     

yanogator
United States

Antonio is right, and then the user can convert it back to an Excel spreadsheet to use it as originally intended.

Bruce 

28 Oct 2017     

JimGary
China

Can you send it to me? [email protected]

12 Nov 2017     

[email protected]
Australia

Hi guys,

thanks for the advice Antonio.  Unfortunately I had to copy and paste each individual table, rather than the whole sheet.  When I copied the whole sheet to word, it all went pear shaped. 

The activity I have just uploaded is the Culture and Culture Shock Bingo.

More will come, but will be slow. 

13 Nov 2017