Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > world of work - films    

world of work - films

carlairp
Portugal

world of work - films

Hello everybody,
I need your help. I �m teaching the topic world of work with secondary school teens, do you have any suggestions for a fim we can watch? I �ve already shown the classics, I guess!!??( Devil wears Prada; Office Space). But I really wanted to surprise them with something out of the box. any ideas?
Thank you! 

9 Nov 2017      

jfaraujo
Portugal

I think a good option could be "Working Girl" with Melanie Griffith and Sean Young.
It �s a bit mad but it is very good and very funny. 

9 Nov 2017     

ninon100
Russian Federation

THE TERMINAL with Tom Hanks. Gives you all kinds of jobs in an airport :) Also good as a motivational movie for learners of English.

9 Nov 2017     

valodra
France

Hello!
There �s a FANTASTIC site for English teachers in France ; here �s the "cinema" link :
 Hope it helps ! ;-)

PS Jobs in films :

Val 

9 Nov 2017     

LadyT87
Austria

How about this one? This also shows the generation gap and how the modern working world is becoming more and more stressful.

9 Nov 2017     

douglas
United States

9 to 5 is an old comedy that might work as something light (and they would probably laugh about the nostalgia).  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080319/

Another I absoultely love is Outsourced, which includes a great introduction into Indian culture as well. 

10 Nov 2017     

sand72
Portugal

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will try to get one of them to project.

10 Nov 2017