Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Technical problems    

Technical problems

spied-d-aignel
France

Technical problems

Hi, I am sending this message with my tablet because I have been unable to go the net with my laptop for the past two days. Got my anti virus restst too weeks ago it worked and then nothing. Any ideas from the geeks,thanks in advance If I can read your answer somewhere. Sylvie

2 Dec 2017      

Jayho
Australia

I am not a computer geek, but maybe I can be of help.

Is your tablet using the same modem? If yes, then check these:

Did you try Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome?

Is your PC in flight mode?

Is the wifi switched on on your PC?

Have you tried scanning for malware? (If you use Windows 8 or above, you should have an inbuilt Microsoft tool for this)

If it is a windows computer, try resetting the network connection

Is the network adapter maybe malfunctioning? 

I am in the throes of setting up a new PC, and I am tearing my hair out! So I can really emphasize with you on wanting to get it sorted. Technology is great but it can be troublesome.

Cheers

Jayho 

2 Dec 2017     

spied-d-aignel
France

Many thanks Jayho. Yes my tablet is on the same modem, l managed to send this week. S worksheets with my old study PC which is the slowest in the would. I will try what you Sa�d, I have tried all 3 search engines. Hugs Sylvie

3 Dec 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Sylvie

It seems that your problem is with the PC.

Is it Windows? If yes, which version?

With the 3 search engines, what is the error message that you get? 

If you take your laptop to someone else �s home, can you connect? (or you can try tethering it to your mobile phone data card) 

Cheers

Jayho 

3 Dec 2017     

spied-d-aignel
France

Hi, yes I think that it bas to do with the computer, it is Windows 10 version and it says no access possible and the address can t Be found, i will taken it to the shop If I have the Time tomorrow. Thanks very much Jayho:)) cheers from a great tablet, Sylvie

3 Dec 2017     

Jayho
Australia

Sorry Sylvie, I can �t help you with Windows 10. That �s what I �m trying to work out on my new PC, amongst other things. I �m still working on my old one (8.1)

Cheers, and good luck! (Please let me know what the problem is, if you can.)

Jayho 

3 Dec 2017     

douglas
United States

Some laptops have a button that turns-off the wifi receiver. Perhaps you have this button pushed (there is usually some kind of small indicator somewhere in the keyboard area, bu the button could be anywhere.

Another thing to do is try and connect it directly to the modem with a cable.

Cheers,
Douglas

4 Dec 2017