Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > vocabulary query    

vocabulary query

monder78
Poland

vocabulary query

Dear fellow teachers    great  New Year �s Eve tomorrow for everyone 

I can �t  find  the proper name  for  a wall calendar  with a colourful  window frame  ( usually  red)  which can  be moved to mark a new day. What is it  called ?  Are the words highlighted in  yellow  the correct ones ? underneath you will see   an example of  such a type of calendar. 

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania kalendarz przesuwany

30 Dec 2017      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi monder, well, I �m English, but I �ve never thought about what this might be called! �Moved � is definitely right and that red box is definitely a frame... I �ll enquire tomorrow and see if there is a specific word for it.

30 Dec 2017     

redcamarocruiser
United States

I never saw a calendar like it. I searched on calendar with a date slider, which is what I would call it, (or simply calendar with a slider) but was not able to find one in English. I also searched im google image search and only found "Kalendarz tr�jdzielny", which translates to three piece calendar, but makes no sense in English.

Amazon sells a wooden sliding calendar and a perpetual calendar, but they are different than the calendar in your image. https://goo.gl/882opU

30 Dec 2017     

yanogator
United States

Like Lynne and Mary, I don �t think there is a specific English name for this kind of calendar. Yes, it is a frame, but not a window frame, since it isn �t for a window. It �s funny how very specific English is most of the time, but surprisingly deficient in certain cases, like this one.

Bruce 

30 Dec 2017     

Gi2gi
Georgia

The red sliding piece of plastic seems to be called � �date indicator�

31 Dec 2017     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Well done, Giorgi! 

31 Dec 2017