Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CAPTION COMPETITION!     

CAPTION COMPETITION!

spinney
United Kingdom

Sinead O`Connor `s comeback tour a roaring success.

20 Jun 2018     

kwsp
United States

Honey, does it look like I�m getting a double chin?

20 Jun 2018     

missake2
Belgium

Hahahaha, there are some really funny entries here! 
Tomorrow I`ll announce the winner! 
Keep them coming! 

20 Jun 2018     

Travelling High and Low
Japan

I asked you to google �beautiful birds � not �belching birds �!

20 Jun 2018     

pollenyeah
Thailand

OOOhhhhh MMyyyyyyyy  Gaaaaawwwddddd,!!!!!!!!!!!   Myy hair, I lost a thousand hair......!!!!!! 

20 Jun 2018     

douglas
United States

" I go to IKEA to have meatballs and I can �t get a single one down my throat!"

21 Jun 2018     

karagozian
France

Oh Me ! OH My ! I can �t believe my eyes ! Children in cages ! Am i happy to be an animal. At least we are a bit more human.

21 Jun 2018     

missake2
Belgium

Hello everyone! 

Thank you for all the entrees ! 
All of them are really good, and it is honestly so hard to choose a ´winner´ when all of you are winners for entering and joining this fun competition! 

So thank you to everybody! 

To give some examples, 
- Redcamarocruiser, your `goal` entree was really funny for me because my mind is also kind a set on soccer now hahaha, and indeed when I looked back at my picture, I could hear the `goal` coming from the ostrich! 
 - Moody Moody, the roasted ostrich also made me laugh and I  loved the wordplay here. 
- Cuncliffe, the thermometer idea so matched the picture! It really put  a smile on my face too! 
-  KWSP, haha, the double chin and the facial expression was perfect and brilliant! 
- Douglas, I could see the meatbal in his throat hahahaha. 

These are only some I mention, but all of you really put a smile on my face. 
Now, who is the winner... 

I �m a Belgian woman living in Mexico, 
and there is one comment that touched me after everything that is going on... so for me the winner is: 

Oh Me ! OH My ! I can ´t believe my eyes ! Children in cages ! Am i happy to be an animal. At least we are a bit more human.

from Karagozian. It was not a `funny message` like most of the others, but a more meaningful one. 
What is happening right now at the Mexican border is a really serious topic and issue, heartbreaking at the same time, and I couldn �t have wished for a better comment than yours Karagozian. 

I loved the wordplay in your line. 
"Am I happy to be an animal. At least we are a bit more human." 

I am happy to see that there are more "animals" out there, like me, who are still humane.  
Congratulations Karagozian. 
It is your turn now to upload a new picture to the forum, and start a new caption competition! 

Once again, thank you for joining everyone !!!!!! 

21 Jun 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Oh no, Monique has to post a picture! Now the fun starts! Ruta, are you on standby?LOL

22 Jun 2018     

kohai
Latvia

@cunliffe Have you begun the second double of the CC? Then who says what? Perhaps, this way:

Lynne: Oh no, Monique has to post a picture!!
Everybody (who knows Monique): Now the fun starts!!!
Monique: Ruta, are you on standby???!!! (BTW, she�s already checked.)
Everybody (but especially Lynne and Ruta): LOL !!!

P.S. Missake2: What�s going on? Who�s Lynne? Monique?? Ruta??? The CC is closed. The winner is announced. It�s Karagozian with her outstanding, unbeatable and such a human caption! 

22 Jun 2018     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >