Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How many subjects do students study in (junior) high schools around the world in a semester?    

How many subjects do students study in (junior) high schools around the world in a semester?

joannajs
Poland

How many subjects do students study in (junior) high schools around the world in a semester?

Since the Polish education system is driving me - as a mother - to my wits end let me just pop this question: how many subjects on average do students study a semester in your country?

The reason for my question being that in Poland the lucky / or not  number is 17 believe it or not. And every teacher thinks his/her subject is the most important. I �m the mother of twins - my other daughter got a scholarship to go to a high school in the USA where she had to study about 5 and she could choose these - not an option in the home country! My government is trying to breed either geniouses or nut-cases here. 

So out of curiosity: how many subjects do students study in late junior high or high school?

thanx, joanna 

22 Aug 2018      

Shalottslady
Belgium

In our school in Belgium this depends on their main subject (Latin, Exact of Human Sciences). Can be 12-14 different ones and 2 extra they are free to choose. So, always 14-16 subjects. This is for grades 9 and 10. In the last 2 years it varies from 11 to 14 different subjects depending on their major (no free choices here...yet). This is only for my school but doesn �t change much from other schools.

23 Aug 2018