Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sad to See    

Sad to See

douglas
United States

Sad to See

I just received a PM with the following text:

"I think you should leave first.  You are so impolite.  You are insulting your country.  I am very peaceful but you are not.  You are totally impolite and ignorant.  Go home and think about it."

This makes me sad, we have worked very hard for many years to make this site a place where people can come and share teaching tools without being judged. 

1 Oct 2018      

s.lefevre
Brazil

Dear Douglas
I got a very similar message from the member who had said that the stupid site  made him lose his time and whom I had answered on the forum, so everyone could read it. But I don �t bother to be sad because I have no intention to lose my time with people who don �t interest me.

1 Oct 2018     

valentinaper
Greece

When I first visited this website, I was looking for activities for my students.
Instead, I found a community of people who are willing not only to share their work, but create collaboratively and, above all, communicate their feelings and ideas to people from all over the world whom they �ve never met, and probably never will !
This, for me, is very hopeful.
Don �t let that one person influence you, Douglas.  
Cheers  

1 Oct 2018     

maryse pey�
France

Oh dear Douglas,

You are not the only one to have received such a "very kind" message. I have answered a private answer to the sender.

Don �t worry, please ! You deserve our respect as well as Sylvia !

It is not your fault if some people are always feeling persecuted ! Some people DO love thinking that they are eternal victims... They want to focus the others � attention on them...

Don �t "fall in the - too obvious - trap" (as we say in French) !

Hugs to all the members who have been here for many years and know very well our webmaster �s dedication and patience.

Maryse.

1 Oct 2018     

douglas
United States

Thanks for the support, this is a great community of caring people and I am always happy to come here.

The PM made me sad, but it didn �t wound my spirit. :)

1 Oct 2018     

redcamarocruiser
United States

Douglas and all, the malcontent does not deserve anyone �s time or energy. We have a great and helpful community, and I am glad you are all here..

1 Oct 2018     

EstherLee76
Peru

Please don �t take that seriously.  You are a valued member here!

1 Oct 2018     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Bear up, Douglas! 

1 Oct 2018     

Cariboo
France

You all rock guys !!! Douglas you �re great , there are always very mean and stupid people in this world .Cheer up !!!!!

1 Oct 2018     

spied-d-aignel
France

Oh my God!!! Douglas, there are people who count and others...... Please don t take that too heartedly! If this member isn t happy with this site, well there are plenty of others. Your posts are always fantastic and helpful , for us non native speakers!! Thanks Cheers. Sylvie

1 Oct 2018     

manonski (f)
Canada

Report/Block and move on. You have nothing to prove here. We know how helpful you can be.

1 Oct 2018     

1    2    Next >