Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TESOL Certificate    

TESOL Certificate

EstherLee76
Peru

TESOL Certificate

Hi there,

I am looking into online teachings jobs and most of them require a TESOL ceritificate (even though I have a bachelor�s and more than 20 years teaching experience!).

Can anyone recommend a cheap, quick, good online certificate program?

Many thanks!
Esther 

15 Jan 2019      

spinney
United Kingdom

I found this

Good luck! 

15 Jan 2019     

joannajs
Poland

Hi Esther,

When looking at various courses look at the ones that offer 150 hours at minimum since this is what many job offers entail (some of them want observed classroom practice but that�s another story). You can give this a try https://www.theteflacademy.com/online-course I did it myself, and I must say it was worth my buck  It consists of the online parts after which there are tests/tasks to do - and (I suggest you make notes) you can do it relatively quickly. Then there are 3 assignments. These are far more complicated; you have to come up with detailed lesson plans and essays to follow, a variety of teaching tasks etc. It takes the examiner about a week or so to check it, so that also extends the whole process. Every now and then they have a special - so for a 165-hour long course you pay 180 euro for a 6 month access to the platform. There are also job offers there but honestly I�ve seen better.

keep my fingers crossed, joanna

16 Jan 2019     

EstherLee76
Peru

Thanks so much for your suggestions.   I will definitely check them out!

17 Jan 2019