Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Caption Competition    

Caption Competition

Sharwong
Canada

Car payments, insurance, parking  fees, speeding tickets, petrol, --owning a car takes the biggest bite out of our budget.

19 Mar 2020     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Did you know that Little Red Riding Hood was actually born in the USA? In Pepsicola, Tella-lassie, Why-oming? 
She was!
And her fairy story includes a wolf, with a wide-open mouth, just like the car (auto) in the picture.
For this reason, Americans refer to this part of the vehicle as, �The Hood�.

When she emigrated to England, in 1493, she discovered that all girls and women wore �A Bonnet�.
For the same reason, the English refer to this part of the vehicle as, �The Bonnet�.

This can all be verified by referring to Brewer�s �Myth and Fable�, written by Vino Brewer, page 443.

By the way, I recently heard another true story.

Three Polar Bears were sitting on an iceberg, in Alaska. They were a Mam Polar Bear, a Dad Polar Bear, and their Baby Polar Bear, all cuddled up together.
The Baby Polar Bear asked his Mam a question.

"Mam, am I a Polar Bear?"
"Of course you are!"
"Are you a Polar Bear?"
"Of course I am!"
"Is Dad a Polar Bear?"
"Of course he is!"
"But, Mam, are we all real Polar Bears, snuggled up, lovely and warm?"
"Of course we are! I�m real! Dad�s real! You�re real! We�re all real Polar Bears! Why do you ask such a silly question?"
"Well, Mam, if I�m a real Polar Bear --- 
--- Why am I FREEZING COLD?"

21 Mar 2020     

< Previous   1    2