Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD April 21 2020    

WOD April 21 2020

maryse pey�
France

Hi Les,

Please tell us, did you cross the road ?  

23 Apr 2020     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Members:

Maryse has asked the question: "Hi Les. Please tell us, did you cross the road?"

Les. "No, Maryse, I did NOT cross the road!"
Maryse. "Les? Why did you NOT cross the road?"
Les. "Because the Road was a Highway, and I am NOT a Mountaineer!"

Les Douglas 

23 Apr 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@ Les and anyone else for that matter, did you go round the bend? 

24 Apr 2020     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Lynne posed the question: "Les and anyone else for that matter, did you go round the bend?"

Lynne, I occasionally become irritated at a student�s stupid behaviour, but I I keep my temper well under control. I don�t shout and wave my arms around in the air. I never go totally "round the bend".

However, I did have a friend in an Operatic Society where I sang.
Everyone called him "HARPIC"
Why
Because he was 

"CLEAN ROUND THE BEND!"

Les Douglas 

25 Apr 2020     

karagozian
France

better a hard pic than a bent pic !!!

26 Apr 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

MONIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

26 Apr 2020     

Jayho
Australia

Les, you are fantabulous! I absolutely loved the jokes and I learned about The Great Vowel Shift, which I never knew about.

Kerfuffle

Well, a fuffle is actually a little known chocolate confectionary delight whipped up one day by by a fella callled Gary, raiding the pantry in his domestic kitchen in his abode in Worcestershire UK, to solve a problem (read about it here ).

Well, Gary, on his website, says it was his idea, but in all truth he had actually seen it on the Muppet Show one evening. Kermit the frog was cooking with Miss Piggy in the kitchen and they were having a tug of war with the ingredients and some mistakenly fell into the pot.  But on testing this delightful concoction, they soon decided they were onto a winner. They then had to decide on a name. They could call it Kermie�s Fuffles, shortened to kerfuffles, or Piggy�s Fuffles, shortened to pigfuffles. And well, you know the answer.

26 Apr 2020     

< Previous   1    2