Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Style    

Style

ninon100
Russian Federation

Style

Dear colleagues,
is it appropriate to tell your students: "Please answer the questions"?
I mean, not rude or anything like that?
I don�t know why I�m in doubt.... :) Thanks in advance everyone! 

12 Nov 2020      

Lulu98123
Poland

I don�t think isn�t bad or rude. It�s just a common sentence. You are asking your students to do some action in a kind way (using "please"). It�s just normal. It�s not the command nor begging. It�s just fine. Maybe you�re not sure about it, in doubt ,because of today�s world but don�t worry, you can use this sentence freely.

12 Nov 2020     

alexziaa
France

Being polite is very important nowadays for teachers and the pupils. 

13 Nov 2020     

PusMon375
Hungary

I think it is completely right. In my opinion, considering that the traditional relations between students and teachers changed a lot lately, it is still a right (if I can say that) of yours to guide your students. You are not being rude or anything, you are their teacher and you just only want to encourage them for individual thinking and paying attention to you. Without this, your being as a teacher would be questionable.You are there to guide them, to give the instruments into their hands to create someday a beautiful simphony.

13 Nov 2020     

ninon100
Russian Federation

Thanks for your kind comments :) It looks clear now!

13 Nov 2020     

redcamarocruiser
United States

The tone of your voice can soften or harden your sentence and is important. I imagine that is true in many cultures.

13 Nov 2020     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Nothing at all wrong with that. 
This would be a step too far: Just answer the bl- - dy questions. 

14 Nov 2020