Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > CORRECTION TIME... Shall I laugh or shall I cry...?    

CORRECTION TIME... Shall I laugh or shall I cry...?

Greek Professor
Greece

CORRECTION TIME... Shall I laugh or shall I cry...?

Im correcting my students compositions and i just want to pull out my hair... And it �s about an accident...

so I read...{quote}:  I had decided to go by train. The train was going normally for a few minutes but suddenly another train appeared. The driver tried to leave but he can �t...   now: ... shall i cry or laugh?

15 Mar 2009      

freddie
Canada

I think that if a little mistake like that makes you cry, you should never leave your students Smile. What would you do with my new Intermediate students? They couldn �t make a sentence that good if their lives depended on it! Bless their hearts though, it isn �t their fault, they came from another school and we are trying to correct the mess that was made!

15 Mar 2009     

Greek Professor
Greece

...a freddie....have been though that... actually I laughed... just wanted to share...

15 Mar 2009     

donapeter
Romania

Dear Greek professor, what you have just shared is not as funny or sad as some of my students. Well,.......last year, for example, I asked my students to pronounce the word" noon" and they didn �t know. I tried to help them and I said: :How do you pronounce when you see double o" A girl ( without special needs - at least not declared) said : "We pronounce it A". I couldn �t help myself and I asked:" Capital A or just a?" And she replied " Capital!!!"
This is what I call lack of interest, lack of thinking, lack of whatever!!!
I wish I had your students!!
Have a great day, you all!!!
D

15 Mar 2009     

_babz
Canada

well.....they used the wrong modal

I �m still impressed they �re using the present perfect....wow!

I should post some of my french students � stuff (yes, I know, I come from Canada, but from the French part Quebec, so you �d be surprised at how many errors they make)

ciao

15 Mar 2009     

_babz
Canada

shoot...I meant to say the past perfect...obvioulsy..lol

15 Mar 2009