Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > The distinction between Swamp and Moor    

The distinction between Swamp and Moor

Фёдор
Russian Federation

The distinction between Swamp and Moor

Hello, everybody here! Can you please help me: tell me please the difference between the words Swamp and Moor. I had the Olympics, and there was listening about Baskervilles� hound. And of course there was a statement where I needed to choose whether it was true or false (there was a statement with these two words). So I need your help! With Best Wishes, Fedor.

11 Oct 2022      

spinney
United Kingdom

Moor is uncultivated land where growing crops is not viable or productive. It may, or may not, be OK for grazing some animals, but only the hardiest of mamals. There is vegetagion, and it is often covered in heather. There may be the odd bog, here and there, but it is not a defining characteristic, even though the weather can be damp and rainy.
A swamp could be a combination of rivers, lakes, and marshes but it is mostly marshland. We don�t usually iuse the word "swamp" in the UK as we associate it with hotter climates.  

11 Oct 2022     

douglas
United States

https://wikidiff.com/swamp/moor
Swamps are generally saturated in water-- moors have patches of this and that, but both are wet and not the best for agriculture

12 Oct 2022