Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Mother īs Day! Sunday 22nd March    

Mother īs Day! Sunday 22nd March

ChrisH
United Kingdom

Mother īs Day! Sunday 22nd March

Don īt forget it is Mother īs Day in the UK on Sunday 22nd March.

Maybe  like with my students the mums can have 2 Mother īs days, 1 from the UK and one from the country in which they live. Have fun!

18 Mar 2009      

juanchis
Costa Rica

The philosophy of this website is to share...hahaha what a f"&*Ļ^ joke...(funny)...

I created a couple of worksheets and some users downloaded them.. I really appreciate that, but hey!!! What īs the big deal? This website is a kind of contest or something?... if you need a good worksheet you depend on other people...

All of us here are teachers and our REAL mission is to help students to learn but, avoiding others to use what you īve done is nasty.

I complain specifically on this foolish system of points and invite those who share this opinion to make the creators get to know about it.

BE REAL... All you teachers are really gifted and All the docs and ppt īs I have seen here are terrific but unfortunately our decision of NOT SHARING is affecting students all around the world...

Help those in need....

I īve told... good night

18 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

juanchis - tone the language down a bit... you īre more than a little rude. This would īve been better in a new disucssion rather than a pleasant one about the UK Mother īs Day.

read this thread - http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=3577 - it may give you a few ideas about the system here.

Some of your wording doesn īt make sense to me -
īAll of us here are teachers and our REAL mission is to help students to learn but, avoiding others to use what you īve done is nasty. �

Please think twice before trying to force changes to a system that promotes sharing rather than exploitation.

Regards,
AB

18 Mar 2009     

Paree
India

Don īt you think your calling the Point System as foolish is a bit uncalled for. If you really wish to SHARE why don īt you create a good ws of yours and earn points..... This site is the best that I have found till now. It īs better you look for some other site where you can get stuff as per your rules and don īt even try to change the SYSTEM that we all respect as it saves us from being exploited.

18 Mar 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

??? your comment has no relation with motherīs day!! lol!!!!!!

18 Mar 2009     

nite
Spain

The points system is a fair one. I can tell u that ppl in here spend lots of time creating their ws and it would seem unfair to me if someone just came here download other īs material without contributing bc then it wouldn īt be sharing but just downloading. To get 30 points is not that difficult. This is my opinion.

Have a nice day!

18 Mar 2009     

chorima
Spain

WE CELEBRATE TOMORROW (19TH) FATHER īS DAY HERE IN SPAIN. MOTHER īS DAY IS THE FIRST SUNDAY IN MAY (I think this year is on 3rd).

HAVE A NICE DAY WITH YOUR FAMILY......
REGARDS
CHORIMA

18 Mar 2009     

morganalin
Portugal

Here in Portugal Father īs day is also tomorrow  and Mother īs day is also the first Sunday in May just like in Spain.
A nice day/ evening/ night to all comunity... You īre simply amazing
Best Regards
Morganalin
Hug

18 Mar 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hello Spanish and Portuguese,
it īs same here in the central Europe - Mother īs Day is the first Sunday in May :-D Heart

I am looking forward to Mother īs day as the weather is always nice in May Thumbs Up

Well, I wish all of you happy celebrating...

May all of your days bring joy and happiness to you and
may every day is special to you... Heart

18 Mar 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

here in Argentina, Mother īs day is the 3rd Sunday of October... but in most schools, it īs called Family īs day (because of the kids who don īt have a mother)

Father īs day, on the other hand, is in June (also, the 3rd Sunday), and we call it Ftaher īs day.... Is it unfair or what??

Happy Mother īs day for those who celebrate it on the 22nd of March!!

Kisses!

Miss Yanis

18 Mar 2009     

bluflower
Italy

ChrisH what about Father īs Day in the UK?

Here in Italy it is tomorrow!!

18 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >