Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > When    

When

nhatminh0904
Vietnam

When

Please tell me if these sentences are correct:
1.When he came, I was having dinner .
2.When I was having dinner, he came.
Tell me more about the poaition of  when /while with past continuous.
Thanks in advance! 

6 Mar 2024      

L. habach
Morocco

https://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/pastcontinuous.html#:~:text=Some%20clauses%20begin%20with%20the,is%20usually%20followed%20by%20past

7 Mar 2024     

isabella10009
Albania

Treat yourself to a rejuvenating experience at a body massage spa near you. From Swedish massages to deep tissue treatments, these spas offer a wide range of services tailored to your specific needs. Indulge in a relaxing full-body massage that will leave you feeling refreshed and reenergized. Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and unwind in a tranquil oasis of relaxation. Let skilled masseuses work their magic using luxurious oils and soothing techniques to melt away tension and stress. Whether you�re looking for pain relief or simply seeking some self-care, a visit to a body massage spa near you is sure to leave you feeling pampered and renewed.Go to more information :-https://www.tattvaspa.com/

14 Mar 2024     

asungilsanz
Spain

Trying to push spam away!

14 Mar 2024     

spinney
United Kingdom

We tend to use "while" when using the past continuous.
Both sentences sound OK. For number 2, you could also say "While I was having dinner, he came." (It sounds better the other way around to me)  

20 Mar 2024