Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I need help!!!    

I need help!!!

eng789
Israel

I need help!!!

How was this person,   able to put so many pictures in his/her ws and I had to upload mine in 2 parts. 

(I downloaded the page as a thank you for using it as an example.)

I �m computer disabled -  I don �t understand the tutorials.

How do you make clipart less heavy?????

19 Mar 2009      

mena22
Portugal

No, you �re not computer disabled my dear, it �s all a question of practice. When you download an image from google you save it in a file. When you need to use it, click on it with the right button of the mouse and choose open with "Microsoft picture manager" or with "Paint". (I use the first one more often.) First, I try the option resize - 50%, 60%... whatever - and I save it. If it is still too heavy I choose the option compress, but I avoid it because the image loses quality. In Paint, you also choose resize, but here don �t forget that you have to do it in both squares shown. Only then can you insert the image in you word doc.

Hope it helps!
have a wonderful day!
mena

19 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Hi, Menna -  the life saver.

Do I have to do it when I download the pictures/clipart?  Can �t it be done after I have set up the page?

19 Mar 2009     

wolfy
Chile

There are several options to reduce the size of images. �The first option when you look for images download the thumbnails of them: �I.e.�

1) in google right click on the image and "save image as", don �t click to go to the original image. �(keep an eye on where the image is actually coming from, and don �t use any that have watermarks). �

2) As Mena said once you have the image, edit it in paint: �Using Expand or contract and use 50%. �

3) Finally in word compress the images: Double click any image and on the image tab click "Compress" select "all the images in this document" and "for web or screen".

There are programs you can download which pretty much do all of the above. �

19 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks wolfy-  I printed out your suggestions and will try them out when I get a chance.

Have a great day.
Hug

19 Mar 2009