Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Problems with points    

Problems with points

Marshmallow (F)
France

Don�t worry about it Victor, we know you always try your best to make the site work. It�s a shame the new system �cos it actually was a very good idea...THANK YOU for all your work and efforts!

7 Oct 2008     

sonsoperez
Spain

Three a.m and still working? Come on Victor, you also have a life. You go first and we are second. Please take care. I love this great web-teacher you�ve created.

7 Oct 2008     

spring
Turkey

You are always doing your best Victor..Don�t worry..
Whatever you do we are with you...
Lots of love to you and take care....
Many thanks for your amazing efforts...

7 Oct 2008     

Azza_20
United Arab Emirates

what a shame! because i thought that it was a very good idea and was working very well! it helped to reduce the reports on stolen worksheets and prevented them from getting points.

if only new members read the full page everytime they upload a worksheet !!

anyways, never mind ^_^

7 Oct 2008     

larei
Italy

I�m sorry to hear about your decision, Victor. As many of us did, I too found it a brilliant idea to check the worksheet before forwarding points. I absolutely agree with Vickiii, Azza20 and all the others it�s a shame that people do not read through the instructions when subscribing to eslprintables.

SO CAN�T WE FIND A PROPER METHOD TOGETHER THAT FEEDS THE NEW USERS WITH NECESSARY INFO ON THE WEBSITE PROCEDURES IN A WAY THEY CAN�T ESCAPE THEM???

My suggestions would be as following:

1.  A gigantic sign, just like Vickiii playfully mentions, at the point when subscribing and/or uploading printables to the website and I mean GIGANTIC here and with super loud colours :)

2.  If people don�t wanna read then we make them listen. How about an audio manual they have to go through when subscribing or uploading stuff?

3.  Alternatively, such audio manual could also be send to the new users by email upon successful subscription. Let�s say they have to watch the short clip in order to get their entrance code to the website or something. Or they have to fill in a short questionnaire to prove they have digested the info on copyright & point policies given in the audio manual.

Sorry, if my suggestions sound a little as if taken out of a James Bond movie, but all I hope is that we can keep Victor�s initial idea alive. In my opinion, these times call for sharp action because it can�t be our only goal to make Victor busy selecting the copied from the original printables but to make the users generally more aware of the copyright issue. I even can�t imagine how many hours Victor is spending with checking the uploading material. Doesn�t he need help with that?

Cheers

lars

7 Oct 2008     

victor
Spain

Thank you all for your kind words.
I must say that, although some users didn�t read the new rules, the main problem was that it was not working properly. There were users who waited three days and didn�t get their points. In fact they are still waiting.

I also think that it was a good idea. Maybe I can try again in the future, with better information, and a system that never fails.
Now, I have to make sure that everybody gets their points. That�s the main task at the moment.
Please continue reporting stolen worksheets.

7 Oct 2008     

Cassy
Brazil

Thanks a lot, for this lovely site, Victor.
We have a great family herre.
I love sharing my ws with everybody here.
I�d appreciate if you had a look at my points. Many people have downloaded them but I got only a few points.
Thanks again and be sure that we�ll continue reporting stolen ws. We are here to help you too.

7 Oct 2008     

viggia (F)
Italy

Dear Victor,

we will never be able to  thank you enough for your work in creating this outstanding site/environment/place where we can all feel at ease as well as swap great material!

And as for the points, you know what? As far as I am concerned, I never count mine.....

I am sure that if for this try ( a very good idea, by the way!) someone got or did not get some points, it shouldn�t be such a big deal, IMHO .........

CIao from Italy

7 Oct 2008     

< Previous   1    2