Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > TO FRENCHFROG    

TO FRENCHFROG

mandm
Spain

TO FRENCHFROG

I don �t want to waste my time again and again on this boring topic.Wacko I haven �t misunderstood nothing. I know what the rules of this site are and the main purpose of the same: sharing and sharing. Thumbs Up But, there �s a moment in which a prickly person "analyses", "revises", "judges" (or whatever you want to call) every single worksheet I make and that becomes so annoying.

I accept my rudeness could be stupid but I don �t need my message box full of FRENCHFROG �S messages DAILY LOLpointing the backwards of my contributions. That speaks for itself..., for a person who is always "FURIOUS"; "SUCH IN A BAD MOOD"; "ANGRY"; "I BECOME MAD", "I NEED TO GET OF MY CHEST", a person who always starts "HOT ISSUES"... A person who keeps on critizising my worksheets even if they �ve already been downloaded more than hundred times... ConfusedShockedShocked
ShockedShockedShocked
You DEAR frenchfrog started a campaign towards me and I still don � understand what �s your purpose about this... Ermm maybe to kill time?

I don �t want to LOSE more time on this, to fool around,  so I �m not gonna leave any other comment. If you like my worksheets download them, make benefit of them, if you don �t, don �t download them, report them if you consider, do whatever you want with them.
Thanks for those who understand me. I don �t need any campaign to get SUPPORTERS Embarrassed

Good night!

23 Mar 2009      

Mishuna
Argentina

Hi mandm, I don �t know what is your problem with Frenchfrog or viceversa. I �ve seen some of your worksheets and there are some that are entirely scanned from TEACHER �S MAGAZINE (Editorial Ediba) and of course you didn �t add anything because the font is very well-known by (at least) Argentinian teachers; this is the link:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=198986#thetop

Do you think this is fair? Please, don �t get me wrong. It �s not about having supporters, as you said. It �s about fairness and respect.
Have a nice day!

23 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

As Victor once wrote, if you report something that is not an ESL resource, that is the best thing to do.

As an individual it is up to me to decide what I will upload (whether it meets the rules or not) & also as to what I will download (again, whether other members think it is useful, stolen or whatever or not). This same choice is available to every other member.

If I see something that is against the rules then guess what... I report it!

If I review a worksheet & find that it is stolen then guess what... I report it!

Yes, quality control is important... but this discussion is an ongoing one in this forum - the only people that pay attention are those that use the forum - which I dare say is a very small proportion of the members & generally I feel they are the members who actually care about this issue (certainly enough to post messages)

Does anyone know about Sisyphus? Hubris is a dangerous thing.... (& this is pointed at everyone, including myself!)

Oh, & bye the bye... has anyone else readthis discussion concerning topics & whether it �s necessary to clutter the forum with �flaming � posts, ad nauseum?

Everyone should get on with life!
AB

24 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

"my message box full of FRENCHFROG �S messages DAILY "
> ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Please, be honest and tell how many messages you REALLY got.

There was absolutely nothing against you. I leave the same comments when I see a pretty picture / frame / clipart with nothing else. You want to defend this type of "work" (you keep referring to it as "my work" when all you did was paste a template / frame!).

Alien boy, I am sorry, you are right about the repetition of the same topics over and over again. I �ll stop everything (contributing, giving links, ...). I had a nice time for over a year.

24 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Ah, dear frenchfrog, please don �t take this as a personal attack against you & you alone!

I did say �flaming � posts. In internet forum parley a �flame � is a fiercely provocative post. It is  the fact that these threads proliferate over several separate new threads that gets me tired & annoyed by the whole issue... not the fact that threads are started!

All members here would acknowledge that you are an amazing contributor. This may or may not be appreciated by various members. I believe your points are valid but my beliefs are as stated. I �m happy to report things when they aren �t ESL resources rather than raising the issue as that has been stated as being the important thing by Victor.

Take care EVERYONE & try to have a good day/night/whatever.

24 Mar 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I think that what Frenchfrog does is absolutely valuable. She not only contributes with great worksheets but also, although it takes her a lot of time and effort to report everything, she  helps mantaining this site as the one where we can get original and useful worksheets!!!

As Mishuma has said, I also recognize some pictures  from TEACHER �S MAGAZINE. So, we see that the person who reported them as stolen may not be wrong.

This is the magazine mishuma is talking about:

It maybe right that we usually see stolen stuff posts on the forum but ,as one member said, it �s good that these "thieves" know that they will be caught.

And I �ll repeat what i have already said:

What would happen if "all" the teachers upload stolen wss from other members or other sites, scanned pictures from books or magazines, copied and pasted materials from other sites??? Would you still be interested in being a member??

24 Mar 2009     

mandm
Spain

Mishuna and Danielle you are both wrong, sorry...
My worksheet isn �t scanned from teacher �s magazine nor copied and pasted also. Mishuna you affirm that also the font is copied Shocked How astonishing my God! This font in a true type font called "PEANUTS"... and everybody can get it for free. It �s Incredible when people talks without being sure of what they �re saying Thumbs Down
Mishuna please "fairness and respect".Thumbs Up

24 Mar 2009     

mandm
Spain

"I �ve seen some of your worksheets and there are some that are entirely scanned from TEACHER �S MAGAZINE (Editorial Ediba) " Posted by Mishuna!

I would like you to report them, to confirm which magazine number is and so on....ShockedLOL
That �s so incredible

24 Mar 2009     

trelly
Argentina

Is it this the font you are referring to as peanuts? Because I don �t see any similarity with the one you use in your "creations"... and I see lots of similarities with that used in The Teachers � Magazine...
Why don �t you share the download link for the free font with us?

I �ve seen all the pictures you use in your worksheets in different publications by Ediba. Argentinian teachers in this forum are not just one or two. There are a lot, and all of them I �m pretty sure buy the magazine, and, for instance.... I have all numbers of the mag. Be sure I �ll check them and report the scanned activities.

Thanks Froggie for being always here!

Have an excellent day!

24 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

As far as site maintenance goes.... the site maintenance is actually done by Victor.

Yes, it may seem that by Frenchfrog bringing these stolen sheets to the attention of everyone that it may help solve the problem. However, I haven �t seen anything to support that as being the case!

If you read this thread, you will get some idea of what Victor actually does with regards to potentially stolen uploads:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=6034

Also, it may be the case that to use some images from a publication, website or other source may not actually of itself be a problem depending on what else is in the worksheet.

Please keep a sense of perspective rather than continuing �hunts �.

Sometimes the forum reads as if we �re in Salem a couple of hundred (ok, three hundred) years ago!

Regards,
AB

p.s. this post also sums up a few other attitudes to this sort of discussion from other members...

24 Mar 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Mishuna and Danielle you are both wrong, sorry...
My worksheet isn �t scanned from teacher �s magazine nor copied and pasted also. Mishuna you affirm that also the font is copied Shocked How astonishing my God! This font in a true type font called "PEANUTS"... and everybody can get it for free. It �s Incredible when people talks without being sure of what they �re saying Thumbs Down
Mishuna please "fairness and respect".Thumbs Up

TO FRENCHFROG          posted by mandm
Hi! This is not a single drawing as you consider... I found that picture and wrote a mother�s day message on it.

Of course I wasn �t talking about your peanut font. You said that you wrote a mother �s day message on it. Come on! We all know that this card is taken from Teacher �s Magazine...
I can �t believe this thing!
BTW, what happened with your previous account? Was it cancelled?

24 Mar 2009     

1    2    Next >