Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is someone pulling our leg????????    

Is someone pulling our leg????????

eng789
Israel

Maybe we should go back to using an Abacus.

27 Mar 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

LOL!! Clap 

this conversation is delirius! Wacko

Having soooo much fun!

27 Mar 2009     

miss_yanis
Argentina

is it right to say "delirius"? or maybe I have just made up a new word??? LOve making up new words every day...

try making your own word of the day!

27 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Yes, but I spell it delirious.

27 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hang on, I �ll just take my socks off - it �ll double my counting capacity

I guess I �ll be counting base 16!

27 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think I saw you on "THE OUTER LIMITS � �!!!!!!!!!  - Did you get that programme??

27 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Loved it. LIVE(D) IT!

I also have all of the original �Twilight Zone � on my external hard drive....

27 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Ok so we had the same taste in TV programmes.  You should hear my conversations about Aliens with my classes.

27 Mar 2009     

wolfy
Chile

Sorry to be a bore, but going back to the original printable. �What �s going on there? �Every time I go to it I loose my touchpad. �I assume my mouse is trying to focus on something that �s not there, and so giving me an error message.

And I aslo must confess to having the same bad taste in TV programmes.

Just noticed the title of the post. �What was the meaning?
The expression "pulling a leg" or is this an Alien thing that two people are sharring a leg?

27 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi wolfy,

some of the questions have been copied directly from a website, so there may be something related to the coding & cursor positioning etc. I have macros disabled in Word as my default. I �ll only turn them on when I know the item iin question is reliable.

to �pull someone �s leg � is to present something to someone as being serious when in fact it is only a joke. Hope that makes some sense!

So the �Alien feet � were a good way to complete �pulling a leg �. Otherwise our legs would be fraying!

28 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3