Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Please, Read the comments before you download a printable!!!    

Please, Read the comments before you download a printable!!!

gilorit
Israel

Dear Vanda
Your style is recognized easily... No one can make a mistake...
You are such a hard worker and a creative teacher.
Orit;-)

29 Mar 2009     

spring
Turkey

Hi dear Vanda,
Please check out your pm. Your ws about weather which was reported stolen yesterday is still there.
I sent message to Victor.
It is obvious that people love your worksheets but some of them do not know how to show their taste.
If you love a ws of s.body else,just download it,not UPLOAD it.

29 Mar 2009     

Missbrittany
France

I �m sorry I downloaded the stolen worksheets too, I �m too new to be able to recognize someone �s style and spot easily what has been stolen. I promise next time I �ll check the comments before downloading ws!

29 Mar 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

Many of the regular �Cow Sheriff �s and deputies � find these copied worksheets and write a comment to the effect that the worksheet is stolen.  Unfortunately as some people have unknowingly download the item and given it a positive comment, this announcement is pushed  to the bottom and so when others come later they do not notice this warning and rather than search through all the comments first they simply download the item.  After all it is just what they want.

I requested earlier that Victor could organise the last comment made would appear at the top and and not go down at the bottom.  That way if anyone does discover a copied worksheet the comment will appear directly under the observation window and subsequent downloaders can be warned.  Victor, is this possible please?

I appeal to us all, that if a comment is made informing of a stolen worksheet, then the comment should also include the reference to the original worksheet so that those who want it can go to the source and not add more points to the copiers.

29 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

Great idea Logos -  posting the original �s link - and a message at the top.

Some people probably see the "stolen" message but are too lazy to look for the original, but with the link right there, I can �t see why someone go for the original.

There seems to be a lot of stealing , uploading stuff in languages other than English and a lot of flashcards. 

29 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Regarding comments:

It �s not so much the last comment that should be brought to the top - I �ve seen stolen comments that come first in the lists - just note the first 3 comments in the stolen worksheet, above.

What it really needs is a flag that appears next to the �download � button to say the worksheet is under review.

It �s hard to say... there have been several worksheets recently commented as stolen which, in fact, weren �t.  So, would it be reasonable to have EVERY worksheet that is reported as stolen flagged or temporarily disabled? This might be the best thing - but will it also add too much to Victor �s already heavy workload? And if an upload is flagged &/or disabled & it is not in fact stolen then it should become available in the new downloads again?

Hmmm. I agree that thieves should be appropriately dealt with... but I �m not into kangaroo courts either. I generally believe in innocence until guilt is proven.

29 Mar 2009     

eng789
Israel

What it really needs is a flag that appears next to the �download � button to say the worksheet is under review. 

GREAT IDEA!!!!

29 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Alien, you �re right about the flagging thing.
But, and I �ve said it already in another post some weeks ago, we have to be careful when disabling the sheet. Some people have been accused of stealing when some sheets were in fact similar, not copied. There are so many worksheets here that at some point, some activities will be similar. Maybe the disable button could be "on" after three stolen reports.

And Logos, posting the original link is a great idea. I won �t download a sheet reported stolen but if it �s something of interest to me, I �d appreciate knowing where it came from so I can download the original one.

Have a good Sunday or week depending on your time zone... Lunch time here.

29 Mar 2009     

agkk
Turkey

Yesterday I started a topic under FED UP WITH STOLEN WORKSHEETS which was about again one of Vanda �s worksheets. As Spring mentioned above that worksheet is still there. ( I think Victor hasn �t seen it yet). And today another stolen worksheet. I know this will not stop. Although Victor delete their user name, those people get another account with another name. There �s nothing to do with it. What makes me to be more angry is the number of downloaders. Logos recommended to put the last comment to be seen on the top but  this is not a solution. I �m sure those downloaders have seen the comments and continued to download the worksheet. Free worksheet without spending any points is more important for them rather than who created it.
Here I want to suggest to Victor again if it is possible to put a section in which the downloaders � user names appear automatically. This may stop people to download stolen worksheets. And it will be nice to see who downloads your real worksheets. (But I �m not sure if Victor can read all the comments in this discussion section)

I think people get their points after a few days which provides Victor time to check the reports. So the misusers will be deleted from the system but what about the downloaders?  I don �t mean to delete their accouts but something must be done for this problem because it really bothers most of us.

29 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I agree (& mentioned the same problem) in my post. I like the idea of the 3 reports & disable... but if it �s disabled after 1, then investigated by Victor - which he spends a lot of time doing - then it �s a simpler method which is less likely to have a bug in it. Victor would be able to reinstate an upload as easily as he can delete them & also send it straight back into the new downloads without any penalty to the innocent party.

Like most members I won �t go near something that �s stolen (or with a plea to download, or is a pointless thing for me to use) but I do report anything I see that doesn �t follow the rules of the site (so colouring pictures & things that don �t have suggestions on use but are of dubious value ) are things I report but don �t often comment on - I leave them to Victor to make a judgment on.

Marking the original link is great - but may not be necessary if an upload is disabled.

Have a great day/night everyone - it �s well after midnight here & I need a lot of beauty sleep...

29 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >