Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where Is Victor?    

Where Is Victor?

Damielle
Argentina

Thank you Victor for your great effort and hard work.  You know that there are lots of people who support you and your extraordinary idea!!!

31 Mar 2009     

Isabel L
Spain

I just would like to thank Victor for all his hard work in keeping this wonderful site. Victor, be sure you have the support and respect of everybody here. Comments from ungrateful "members" won �t spoil the joy and pride of belonging to this fantastic community.

31 Mar 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Thanks for popping in Victor! Your face (& comments) are always good to see!

Cheers! 

31 Mar 2009     

ESL
United States

Isabel-
Just to clarify things, I am not ungrateful, if you look, I am an avid participator of giving my lessons to this site.

To another member who has posted above,
I �m am speaking for many that you and the other police members have scared into making any sort of comments due to your remarks such as the one you listed above. We teach our children and students to have respect...remember the golden rule? Many have emailed me about being afraid to make comments because of such rudeness.

To those that have the same feelings that I do, don �t let bullies bully you. Keep up your hard work and sending great lessons!

31 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I love how just the fact that Victor puts a comment on the discussion board changes the whole tone to one of �thank you � and gratefulness.  It is really wonderful to see so many people respect Victor for all of his hardwork.

What I really like is that Victor has again stated that to report a worksheet is enough - it does not need to then be discussed and gnawed over like a dog with a bone.

I do know how bad people must feel when they see stolen work when they are pouring hours over developing their resources. 

The people that resort to posting stolen worksheets are more than likely just desperate to get access to such wonderful resources that are available to improve their classroom teaching.

Although I don �t agree with the ethics of doing it - I do agree with the dedication to teaching that makes people want to have the best possible resources for their students.

I wonder how many teachers have accepted photocopies of worksheets and books that really should have been purchased.  How many have checked out the websites that have access to whole copies of books that are obviously in breach of copyright - but are downloaded anyway.  Why do teachers do this?  Becuase we want to best provide for our students!

Who has downloaded music - or �ripped � a friends CD for their class singing?  Do you know about napster, piratebay, mininova or limewire???  Have you used them for something to help with your class???

When it comes down to it - we all want what is best for our students. 

Next time you report a worksheet and want to let the world know about it - think of these 3 things:

1) The definition of idiocy:  To continue doing the same thing every day expecting a different result.  (how many times have stolen worksheets been talked about - has this worked in stopping them??)

2) Thinking outside of the square is a sign of intelligence.  How about emailing the perpetrators and asking them if they would like help to produce a quality printable that others will download so they can legitimately join our community.

3) A community spirit is developed through discussion and exchange of ideas.  IF we exchange negative thoughts what sort of community will this become?

Enjoy your teaching - welcome to a wonderful positive community if you are new - I look forward to the future exchange of ideas and teaching strategies with you all.

Vickiii

PS - Victor - I do love your site and just can �t keep away, Thanks for your clearheadedness and positive attitude - YOU ARE A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN LUNCHTIME!!!

31 Mar 2009     

ESL
United States

well said Vickii

31 Mar 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Vickii...I too want to say "well said". �I would not dare express anything negative in an unfriendly way on this site as I have not contributed any worksheet yet. �Even if I had I would not do it. But I am working on a worksheet �now and I hope that it may be of some interest to this wonderful community. �I have been out of my classroom for some months now due to burn-out (not school related). Hope to be back "in harness" soon. I must always remember (though I sometimes forget) that if I point my finger at someone in an unjust way, that three fingers are pointing back at me from my very own hand. I love this site and of all the contribitors who �s work and dedication can only be truly admired. I think Victor is fab!!

Regards,
Caroline�Hug

31 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2