Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > students with special needs...    

students with special needs...

olaola
Italy

students with special needs...

I think it would be useful to have a section of this site dedicated to students with special needs (learning disabilities), because we have to work differently with these students and it is not always easy to find something appropriate...and I know that here we have wonderful teachers ready to help...

I wanted to ask Victor but I �d like to have your opinion first...
thanks
Olaola
Smile

1 Apr 2009      

Paree
India

It �s a great idea.

1 Apr 2009     

yureca
Brazil

jamiejules= jamie morgan Wants to have a section on dyslexia. And I think your idea is a very good one too. Everything we can do to help our students is a great idea.

1 Apr 2009     

Kita19
Portugal

I also have students with special needs, so I can perfectly understand what you are feeling.

I agree that it would be a great idea to have a section with worksheets for special needs!

1 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Well, at worst you can include that detail in the worksheet description for search purposes. Many members do this for adult oriented worksheets too.

When you upload an item you can add the specific search descriptors in a box following the file name.

This is a good alternative if there is not a separate section available.

For example, for dyslexia you could put �dyslexia, special, needs � in the additional search terms. Then if members are looking for specific dyslexia items then all they do is type �dyslexia � in the worksheet search at the top of the home page & voila! your worksheet will be listed.

It �s a reasonable alternative to having a separate section. You can do this for any other unusual items too - someone recently was talking about �affixes � & this would be good for that too.

Just an idea.

1 Apr 2009     

stefemma
France

I agree, that �s a very good idea.
I also have students with special needs and spend a lot of time making material for them.

And alien boy is right, it �s better to include the specificities in the comment  than create a separate section. Indeed, I oftenn use material meant for younger students and adapt it to my special needs.

1 Apr 2009     

seni
Portugal

You are so right! Of course we should have  a separate section for special students.

how didn �t we think about it before? It �s so difficult to create and find
resourses to help us. good idea. Thanks!

1 Apr 2009     

anyteacher
Argentina

It �s a great idea!! I agree with you. We can upload activities for students with special needs in a new section and probably they can be  selected by strategies or methodologic aims. We can also include tips to use in class. Every idea will be welcome.

1 Apr 2009