Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Please do not download the worksheet by Starlehrer.    

Please do not download the worksheet by Starlehrer.

Vickiii
New Zealand

hmmm - I feel a poem coming on -  but don �t want it buried into obscurity so will post above.

Seriously - I can feel for you that someone liked your style so much they copied it but added all of their own content.  They probably put hours of work into tracking down information but did not have the creative flair or time or inclination to change the format.  How truly terrible.

REally???? is this really a crime?

I have often used other peoples work for inspiration.  Yes I have requested permission beforhand - but only out of me being overly polite (stop laughing - I am really!!!!) I only post stuff on eslprintables that is open to the world to do with as they wish.  But then most of my stuff is not up to the standard of some of our excellent contributors - i still put hours into making them - always with a specific class in mind and then share them willingly.  If someone else cna get inspired from something i made - good on them - copy my content away and make it your own.

Plagirism is actually a great way to get kids writing.  I got all of my kids to describe their favourite character from harry potter.  Then they had to change things like the name - distinctive characteristic - pets name etc.  All of a sudden every child in the class had a different harry potter character that was similar but not the same as the original characters - it was one of the best writing projects I have done so far!

2 Apr 2009     

arkel
Ireland

Helen �s style is very distinctive and I immediately recognise her work, so while I agree with Logos, eng789 is right and starlehrer could have made SOME changes. Don �t let it bother you Helen and continue with your great work:) Hug Rosemary

2 Apr 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Well, I wouldn �t mind if someone copied my LAYOUT of worksheet, if it was a sort of a SIMPLE table. These tables can be finished withing a few minutes, although you have to "invent" it first... The idea is the most important part... the designing doesn �t take so long...

On the other hand, I WOULD FEEL very SAD, if someone "borrows" my dinosaur boardgame layout as it took me at least 3 HOURS to make it - it was really hard work - sort of artwork...
and as far as I know there is only Pinky Makus and Svetamarik who actually DRAW in word...
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=206272#thetop
and I am not talking about the time I needed for making the list of signal words, flashcards... the whole worksheet took me maybe 4 hours, because I couldn �t squeeze it to fit the limit... and as far as I know, there isn �t many worksheets that were SO hard to make...

I suppose I would be unhappy if someone takes my second board without asking me and mentioning my original worksheet in case of my Gerund / Infinitive boardgames
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=198992#thetop
This board layout seem pretty simple, but it took me ages to make it - combine the cells, arrage the text, fonts and and the sqeezing it altogether into one FILE not exceeding 300kB. Well, that was a hard work too! :-D

But I have designed some much more simple boards, which didn �t take so much time, I wouldn �t mind if someone uses them...
But in all cases I WOULD FIND IT POLITE to ask for permission and appropriate TO state the author and give link to the originals... I suppose we can all agree on that... :-)

2 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2